Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#61 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

My bridesmaids are paying for their own dresses but they were only $36 from Victoria's Secret. I purposefully chose inexpensive dresses because I know they are already paying for the trip. I'm also letting them choose their own shoes and accessories.
    http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#62 sperger

sperger
    • Banned
    • 474 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

I decided to pay for them...there's two girls (my mom is paying for my sister's). The dresses are $179, and they will have to have them altered if they need to. I don't think I'll give them very over the top BM gifts though.

#63 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
      • 127 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm thinking I will probably pay for my BMs dresses...I will only have three, and I know finances are tight for them. I don't want them to be burdened by participating in the wedding. I want them to enjoy it too! If I have to have one less flower per centerpiece or something to make up for the cost, so be it :)

#64 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

I think that's totally fair :) I am letting my bridesmaids wear whatever knee length black dress they want so they are all comfortable and happy. I'm having a custom hair flower made for them in my color so they all have something similar... and it's much more inexpensive

#65 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
          • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

I bought my bridesmaid's dresses. They were $129 each from alfred angelo and I was able to swing this since I have 3 girls. I recommend looking there for dresses because I had a $20 off coupon per dress that brought it down to $129 and I love the dresses! I told them they are responsible for their hair, shoes, and any alterations. I will probably get them a nice gift too.

#66 BlieLena

BlieLena
            • 41 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

I did buy them only because I found it for 14.50 online at forever 21. They just came and are sooo pretty and the perfect color, here is the link to check.... http://www.forever21....833580&Page=1#

#67 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

i plan to but it is hard to find a decent but cheap dress!

I looked at GoJane website and their dresses looked really cheap. I also found a dress that is on sale right now at JC Crew but still need to look around first.

I want to pay for their dresses but they take care of their shoes and jewelry.

i'm still undecided if i want to pay for their hair/makeup.

#68 Ms325i

Ms325i
                • 204 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

I have 1 MOH and I will be paying for her dress because she is not working right now and I didn't want her to have the pressure of trying to budget paying for a dress she may only wear once for my wedding. For all the years she has been a supportive good friend to me paying $150-200 for her dress doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

#69 Jocy

Jocy
                  • 209 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

I lucked out as my Mum is paying for my 2 BM's dresses (my sisters!). I get the generosity without the bill, :o)

We will pay for their shoes / jewelry / hair & make-up.

#70 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

I want to have 2 MOHs and 5 Bridesmaids. I was going to pay for their dresses, make up and hair. It came to a staggering almost 2k after some calculations. I do not know how I am going to choose from 5 bridesmaids!

If you guys find any cheap but cute dresses, please let me know! Paying $100 per dress is not an option anymore. My mom will pay for my sister and I don't feel comfortable asking her to pay one more dress.

Ahhh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users