Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#391 Brams16

Brams16
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

I paid for my girl's bridesmaid dresses.  I am only have 2 bridesmaids, and the cost of the dresses were around $200.00/each. I felt that if I am asking them to fly half way around the world to join me in my special day, its the least I could do :)  We are also paying for the groomsmen suite rentals as well! 

#392 smithandsweet

smithandsweet
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Florida Keys
    • LocationColorado

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

We are paying for the bridesmaid dress and the groomsmen outfits.  If they are taking time out of there life and spending money to come be with us while we get married it is the least we can do!

#393 Hanhi Nguyen

Hanhi Nguyen
    • 12 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
    • LocationHuntington Beach, CA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

5 Bridesmaids dresses.... oh vey! Thank you for opening this thread. lol

#394 sharmer

sharmer
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
    • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

since they're all paying for their own trips we are covering the costs for the bridesmaids(6)and groomsmen's (5) outfits. Girls dresses were about $150-$190 (we let them choose the style as long as colour and fabric were the same) and guys outfits are <$100 so it's not too big of a deal considering they're paying $1200+ to come to the wedding, it's the least we can do. Everyone was very grateful for it, and it was a surprise to most, so I assume they also would have been okay paying themselves

#395 meganphillips

meganphillips
    • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

We are paying for our bridemaid/groomsmens outfits as well. With all travel expense and time off from work they will be taking we thought this was the least we could do. We have 9 bridesmaids/8groomsmen so definintely had to stick to a budget. I ordered the bridesmaid dresses from Simplybridal.com and they were fabulous and great quality. With shipping the dresses were around $125 a piece.

#396 smithandsweet

smithandsweet
      • 151 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 1, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Florida Keys
      • LocationColorado

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Like this dress... it would look nice in white for a simple wedding dress too

It didn't put in the Quoted post...  new site prob??

Edited by smithandsweet, 05 December 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#397 GingerJ228

GingerJ228
      • 158 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 8, 2014
      • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
      • LocationMexico

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

I am not having a wedding party but if I were to I wouldn't pay for my friends dresses nor would my friends expect me to or feel comfortable about it.  If it a financial burden your bridal party they can simply decline but offer assistance in other ways. One plus abut a DW is that you can get way with not having fancy schmancy bedazzled gowns (which are super expensive) and you can find less expensive dresses for your girls to wear.  I may feel this way b/c I am in my 30's and all of our friends are established professional's so our wedding is not a burden on them.  You can always book a spa day and get girls massages at your resort for your bridesmaids as a thank you.   

#398 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
      • 164 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
      • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

My MOH and I went shopping and I let her pick out a dress. She ended up paying for it and it was $100. I am buying the shoes and accessories.

#399 tesa

tesa
      • 170 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I didn't pay for me bridesmaids dresses, but I'm showering them with gifts!

#400 mvee1025

mvee1025
      • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

No - I have 6 BM that would be too much for us.  We paid for either their hair or makeup and bought them a gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users