Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#21 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

I paid for my BMs dresses, since they were spending the money to come to the wedding. I also covered thier jewelry, shoes and my one BM had her hair done. I think in total I spent about $200 per bridesmaid on everything. I got them a really small gift - a pashmina. My MOH and I picked them and my other BM - it would not have been her first choice, but it looked good on her. My MOH is 35 and my other BM is 20. It would have been hard to pick a style that worked for both.
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#22 maryyy

maryyy
    • 139 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

I paid for my BMs dresses, but I only have two BMs. The dresses were on sale ($75 each), so I decided to pay for their shoes and jewelry (add $100 for each). I'm also giving them a gift and a bag full of goodies, for about $50 each.

It was something I planned in my budget, b/c it was important for me to offer this to my BMs. I also think it's perfectly fine not to pay for their dresses, it all depends of the situation!

#23 SSNM

SSNM
      • 675 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

I am paying for my bridesmaids dresses which are doubling as a gift. I have 6 so I will have to go lower on the price due to budget constraints ($100 a dress or less). I am also not holding them to a shower or bachelorette party so that they can better afford to come to my wedding.

Things that I consider when I made this decision include how much work they are putting into my wedding (so far, I haven't solicited their help for much more than being a soundboard to my various ideas), how much cost I am putting on them (flight and accomdations), and my budget.

#24 frazali

frazali
        • 245 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sn0048
          Since we are paying for everyone's trip I am not paying for their dresses but I am just giving them a general description of what to wear and they can find the best deal. I will be treating them to mani/pedis the day before the wedding though :)
          WOW you are paying for the bridal party's trips?! That is so generous - and how lucky for them.

#25 A2Bride

A2Bride
          • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

It is not "normal" to pay for the bridesmaids dresses, however I am chosing to for a few reasons. I am having one bridesmaid...and she was in my previous marriage. I did not feel right asking her to pay a second time. With that said, I want her to pick out a sundress that she will actually wear again! I cannot tell you how many dresses I have that the brides thought I would get my money's worth...they were cute on the wedding day but not something I would really wear again.

#26 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
            • 182 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ive been debating this one myself for quite a while now but I just don't know if its feasible for us to add another 1000.00 to our wedding budget for the bridesmaid dresses. I did take all 4 of them shopping and they picked the dress out themselves. We are paying for the dresses for the flowergirls because I didn't want to have to ask the parents to pay $100+ for a dress they won't even fit into a year from now.

I think if you can do its great and if you can't afford to do it then you just need to be respectful of all of the costs for a destination wedding and make sure everyone can still afford it.

#27 silverangel

silverangel
              • 216 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

I only have 2 BM and wanted to help, since they are travelling a long way for me.
                Their dresses are $145 each and I'm paying half. I also bought them jewelry and trying to find them shoes...I thought it was the least I could do :)

#28 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
                • 427 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jess
                  I wish I could pay for theirs but I have 10 bridesmaids and I would be broke paying for all of them...the dresses range from $200-$300 each and they are footing the bill.
                  10 Bridesmaids? OMG!!!! I thought 5 was a lot. How many people are you expecting at your wedding?

Jess

#29 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
                  • 427 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

We are paying for the bridal party attire. I have 5 bridesmaids and I picked out a simple A line dress from Dessy that is about $150. I am also getting them small necklaces like the one worn by Megan Fox in Transformers that cost about $50. My bridesmaid insisted that they pay for thier attire but I didn't feel right paying for the tux's and having the girls pay for their dresses. At the end, we could afford it so I thought it was a nice gesture on my part since they will never wear the dresses again.

Jess

#30 koolatta

koolatta
                    • 321 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

I have decided to pay for the dresses, but there from Target and only a $25 maxi dress so it turns out great!! Are you looking for a traditional bm dress or something simple??
                      http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users