Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#201 82turtles

• 297 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

I haven't entirely decided, but I know we will be paying at least a portion of it. I agree with others -- figure they are spending all this money to come celebrate with us, it's the least I can do to. 

#202 CamLovesJA

• 301 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

I have 7 bridesmaids and am only paying for 2 of them. Finding a dress that everyone liked was  tricky and also at a reasonable price, but we did it. To be honest I didn't really want to have 7 bridesmaids but i felt obligated, so I do not really feel bad about not paying for all at all. I am happy that I do now as it will be a wonderful family event. But it just wasn't in the plan! we only have 3 groomsmen lol. The cost of the flowers and stuff is almost as much as the dresses! everything just adds up. None of my bridesmaids had a problem with paying and they all loved the dress and can definitely wear them again. In an ideal world I would of loved to be able to have bought them all.

#203 saramaeryan

• 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I paid for my bridesmaids dresses, but then again I only have 2 bridesmaids ;P I do think its a nice gesture but the more girls you have the more $$ it will be, what about just pitching in a portion of each?

#204 snow88

• 181 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

I have this problem with my BM too.  I ordered the dress and now she's making a lot of excuses about why she can't come.  It's quite annoying to have bought a custom made dress and now I'm stuck with it.  I can't even think of anyone else that can wear it so it was a waste of money.

Originally Posted by Amiep603 

Well i have 3 sisters and before my fi and I set anything in stone we asked our familys if they would be willing and able to go to mexico for our wedding and they all said yes :) so I asked my 3 sisters to be in my wedding and he asked his 2 brothers to be in our wedding and everyone said YES :) so my fi and I bought all the cloths for the boys including fathers and the dresses for the girls including mothers......arent we nice lol! the wedding is 4 months away and 2 of my sisters just told me they can no longer come WTF!!! I totaly understand it is expensive but dont say you can swing it then change your mind!! so now I have 2 extra dresses SWEET!  Oh and to top it all off one of my sisters is getting married in 2 weeks in another state and we are all traveling for that and he hotel is over $350 a night!!!! My one sister that IS still coming to my wedding is paying more for the 2 nights fo rmy older sisters wedding in RI then she is paying for 5 nights in MEXICO!!!!! AGH just needed to vent a bit sorry ladies!!

#205 snow88

• 181 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

I paid for the BM but the MOH said that she would buy her own.

#206 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

I plan on buying or at least contributing.  I found the BM dresses I love at davids' bridal for only $99.  I figured it would be one less burden on them.  I only have 4 girls so its not too big of a hit on me.

#207 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

I paid for my BM's dresses and ordered them and shipped them to them. They needed slight alterations so they paid for them. Originally I told them to just pick any dress in a certain color but they were struggling with it so I just went ahead and sent them!

#208 JetsettinBride

• 299 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

i havent decided if I'm going to pay or not.  Decisions...Decisions...Decisions

#209 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

I keep going back and forth on this. I haven't picked my dresses so I don't know how expensive they will be. But I might just pick a dollar amount and give that to each BM's for the dress rather than paying for the whole thing.

#210 ALISSATOO

• 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

I think it depends on how far the wedding is away from the bridesmaids. That can be a big expense right there. Since ours is so far away, I am paying for the dresses. But my mom said that is not the norm. I just think its the right thing to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users