Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#191 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Nope not me.  All my friends and cousins are buying their own.  I told them they can choose whatever dress they want as long as they pick the same color

#192 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
    • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

All of the bridesmaids (I have 5 of them) are paying for their own dresses...but I did help out with the cost as they were originally supposed to cost $189 and I bargained to get them down to $151 and no tax...does that count as doing my part?!  I am getting them their necklaces and personalized beach towels as gifts. 

#193 akua420

akua420
      • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

I'm not having any bridesmaids but I"m MofH at a friends wedding in a month and we had to pay for EVERYTHING!  We even had to pay for alterations, but since I"m the tallest I didn't get anything done to it, it looks fine and I'm never going to wear it again and think its ugl so why woudl I pay when it looks alright?

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#194 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
        • 267 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

I agree!  If you don't need them, why have them done! 

A friend of mine got engaged shortly before we did; she was planning her wedding and buying a house, so I thought I would do the less stressful thing for the both of us and not ask her to be in our wedding.  Turns out...she asked me to be in hers.  We had to buy dresses and plan on a dish to bring as they were going to have a potluck for their dinner, they weren't having an official ceremony or rehersal or photographer....and absolutely no dance.  Fast forward a few months and a $200 dress later...that I would have had to have a bustle put in, there is now no wedding...so I sure am glad that I didn't have the alterations done!

SO I figure if somone can ask me to do that for their wedding when there isn't even anything official...we aren't asking to much with having them buy cute dresses that they definitely can wear again and will have fun partying their hearts out in! 

#195 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
          • 267 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

Just got an email stating my BM dresses are on the truck to be delivered today!!!  I soooo can't wait to see them!!!!

#196 abbie32

abbie32
            • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

I am buying my bridesmaids dresses too! I have 6 bridesmaids and they are all my closest friends in the world. They are spending a lot of money to be there for my special day and they would be just as happy to be watching as they would be standing up there with me so I feel like if I want them to be up there with me I will pay for their dress. I always said when I got married I would pay for my bridesmaid dresses because often times it is a waste of money. I've stood in 3 weddings and I've never worn the dress again. They always try to convince you it is something you could wear again but you never do. hahaha

I was hoping I would find a cute summer dress that they could easily wear again but that is really hard to find. They range in size from 2 to 20 so I'm having a hard time finding something they all like. I might just tell them to go find something they like but in the same color but I think it would be hard to find the same shade of blue.

So...I'm buying their dress. It just feels like the right thing to do for me. :-)

#197 sebitasalejo

sebitasalejo
              • 221 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

Me too. Two of my bridesmaids are not in the US so it makea it easier just to get them all at the same time. They ate not expensive at all (38 and change each. They were disounted and I used a coupon). The dresses are white, strapless, short, and i have asked them to get accessories of the same color and jazz the dress up as they see feet. I am not buying them shoes. For all I care we all can walk the isle barefoot. :)

[SIGPIC]

#198 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

I have paid about 75% of the dress, and she has paid for her jewellery and shoes. Thats purely because i have a generous bridesmaid who is happy to pay her way, but maybe only because my parents and paying for her and her partner to come to Jamaica with us.

#199 Amiep603

Amiep603
                  • 184 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Well i have 3 sisters and before my fi and I set anything in stone we asked our familys if they would be willing and able to go to mexico for our wedding and they all said yes :) so I asked my 3 sisters to be in my wedding and he asked his 2 brothers to be in our wedding and everyone said YES :) so my fi and I bought all the cloths for the boys including fathers and the dresses for the girls including mothers......arent we nice lol! the wedding is 4 months away and 2 of my sisters just told me they can no longer come WTF!!! I totaly understand it is expensive but dont say you can swing it then change your mind!! so now I have 2 extra dresses SWEET!  Oh and to top it all off one of my sisters is getting married in 2 weeks in another state and we are all traveling for that and he hotel is over $350 a night!!!! My one sister that IS still coming to my wedding is paying more for the 2 nights fo rmy older sisters wedding in RI then she is paying for 5 nights in MEXICO!!!!! AGH just needed to vent a bit sorry ladies!!

#200 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                    • 376 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

I'm paying for dresses... I felt bad enough asking people to spend all that money to come to Mexico for our wedding, there's no way I could ask them to pay for dresses too! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users