Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#171 lisa203

lisa203
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

We're buying bridesmaids and groomsmen outfits because of all the money they have to spend to be with us.

#172 SunnyDBride

SunnyDBride
    • 44 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

No, I am not paying for any of my bridesmaid dresses, but I am paying for my two flower girls dresses because they are sister and their mother is one of my bridesmaids and I don't want her to have to worry about the attire for all 3 of them. The girls are receiving lavish gifts so I don't feel bad about that.

Of course, I will be choosing a reasonably priced dress because I don't want to break their banks.

#173 jennster_04

jennster_04
      • 176 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

yes i am, 4 bridesmaids , dresses cost $125 each, But i am makinh them pay for alterations
        Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#174 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
        • 188 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I also think that selecting dresses that they can wear again may help the cost - they will get more worth out of the dress rather than spending money on a dress they will only wear once.

#175 Anna22

Anna22
          • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I paid 1/2 the dress cost for each my 6 bridesmaids.

#176 bon_dia

bon_dia
            • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Since its a DW I will be paying for mine - I already feel guilty in how much they'll have to spend to be with us on the wedding day

#177 DWBride615

DWBride615
              • 852 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jawedding
                Hi!

I'm just wondering how many of you are paying for your bridesmaid's dresses and how many have bridesmaids who are footing the bill? Also - how much do the dresses cost, and how much of a say did your bridesmaids have in your choice?

My answers:

Dress costs $175, it was chosen by one of my bridesmaids (who tried on 5 that we chose together, and was REALLY excited about this one)
                Bridesmaids are paying for the dress, I am paying for alterations

I'm just wondering if I'm doing the wrong thing here.. should I be paying for the dresses? I know there is probably another thread on here, but I couldn't find one with a poll like this and I would really like to know what people think!

Thanks ladies!! :)

The dresses cost $150 each w/ taxes. I have three bridesmaids, so the total was $450. I'm paying for the dresses as part of their gifts (but I'm also giving them jewelry and other gifts for being part of the bridal party). I'm chose to pay for them b/c I think I would feel guilty making them pay for the dresses after they're already spending a lot of money with it being a DW. I chose the dresses myself, but I made sure it was something they would wear again. If they didn't like them, I probably wouldn't have gotten them. The girls absolutely loved them, so it turned out perfect.

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#178 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
                • Banned
                • 2,710 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

@Jess, I'm in the same boat- 8 bridesmaids and dresses are going to cost a lot. I'm trying to find ones I like for less but so far it hasn't happened. Oh well.

#179 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

I'm goint to help with the dresses maybe half or something like that!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#180 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                    • 218 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

My MOH is my sister and my other bridesmaid is FI's sister so their dresses are being paid for - about $175 each.  One of them would not be able to afford the dress if it wasn't so it seemed fair to pay for both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users