Sign in to follow this  
jawedding

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

I'll have 4 BM and I plan on buying (or at least helping) with the cost for dresses. The dresses I'm interested in for them are not very expensive - and I will leave their shoes to them. I feel kind of bad having them pay for their dresses on top of room/flight cost. I'll make sure their dresses aren't pricey

• Like 1

In the Chinese culture all BMs are used to having their dresses purchased for them by the bride...plus the hair and makeup. So I bought my BMs dress at $70 each and will have to pay for the makeup and hair as well ($140 each). Some brides also buy accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc) for their BMs as well. I bought my BMs barefoot sandals and a pair of earrings ($8 each). 

In the Chinese culture all BMs are used to having their dresses purchased for them by the bride...plus the hair and makeup. So I bought my BMs dress at $70 each and will have to pay for the makeup and hair as well ($140 each). Some brides also buy accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc) for their BMs as well. I bought my BMs barefoot sandals and a pair of earrings ($8 each).

$140 for hair and makeup is great! My resort is around $110 us for their hair. Brides are more. So with makeup would be pricey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015

Traditionally the BM pay for their own.  Most brides, at least on the panel, seem to be mindful of that and aren't picking out dresses worth hundreds of dollars.  If my friend was struggling, I wouldn't be opposed to helping out,

$140 for hair and makeup is great! My resort is around $110 us for their hair. Brides are more. So with makeup would be pricey!

Oh wow. That's a bit more than ours. I already think having 2 BMs is enough. I can't afford a 3rd BM. Lol

Traditionally the BM pay for their own.  Most brides, at least on the panel, seem to be mindful of that and aren't picking out dresses worth hundreds of dollars.  If my friend was struggling, I wouldn't be opposed to helping out,

I told my fiance that other cultures' tradition has the BMs pay for their own dresses and then the brides buy them a gift. He said "Why do so much work to be ended up with the same costs? And why would I be a BM if I have to pay to be one?" Lol! We have lived in Canada over half our lives and we are still learning something new everyday.

Oh wow. That's a bit more than ours. I already think having 2 BMs is enough. I can't afford a 3rd BM. Lol

I told my fiance that other cultures' tradition has the BMs pay for their own dresses and then the brides buy them a gift. He said "Why do so much work to be ended up with the same costs? And why would I be a BM if I have to pay to be one?" Lol! We have lived in Canada over half our lives and we are still learning something new everyday.

Yes very pricey! My BMs are paying for their own. 2 Forsure are and the 3 may do her own. We may do our own makeup with a consult at MAC before we leave.

Hair for me is $140 and makeup $85 at resort. I have a short bob though so hope they don't actually charge me $140 when they see my hair.

For those paying or helping with cost for bridesmaids dresses, will you also give an additional gift to them or will you consider this their gift? I'm paying for my 4 bridesmaid dresses - I have 4 and their dresses are $150 each. Just wasn't sure if I should get an additional gift for them once we are at our location. 

For those paying or helping with cost for bridesmaids dresses, will you also give an additional gift to them or will you consider this their gift? I'm paying for my 4 bridesmaid dresses - I have 4 and their dresses are $150 each. Just wasn't sure if I should get an additional gift for them once we are at our location. 

Personally I feel that is a lot, so maybe just something small? but nothing over the top, IMO!

I guess it also depends what your budget is.

I paid for only about $40 each of my BMs dresses because I (keyword I) felt guilty about the cost ... $160 each, but they didn't care either way.   So of course I got them a gift.