Photo

On a mission to "recreate" this invite

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Jess! What size boxes did you buy? Their invites are 5x7. The good thing is I have LOTS of time to work on them this summer before I start the nursing program!
    http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
    Amy & Aaron
    May 10, 2008
    Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#12 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Check Jessalyn's thread http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t3451 she made her own very similar to what you want.

edit: drrr, nevermind!

#13 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

You'll be so happy if you can get them done early. I bought square boxes....7 3/8" x 7 3/8". My invites were 6 inch square and were a trifold with pockets on each side. My starfish was attached to the outside of the trifold with raffia.

You can do it. I actually modified the invites I liked so that they would work with the boxes I found, etc. I worked with what was available to produce the invite. You'll have a great sense of accomplishment and pride in your invites. It's a good feeling to look at the product and know that you made it.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

aww...there's that thread with my invites...thanks Christa.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

Wait I'm pretty sure Val made these for her invites. She had a whole thread where she explained how to make them. I can't seem to find it. Give me a second I'll see if I can find it. I know she used this as her inspiration:

Starfish wedding invitations - unique beach wedding invitations in a box

I think these are $12.99

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

Okay I found Val's thread, here is the link: http://bestdestinati....arfish invites

#17 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

Hmmm... I didn't think about the smelling bit.
                I was going to buy some from here just for the table with out guest book:

White Finger Starfish

#18 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                  Wait I'm pretty sure Val made these for her invites. She had a whole thread where she explained how to make them. I can't seem to find it. Give me a second I'll see if I can find it. I know she used this as her inspiration:

Starfish wedding invitations - unique beach wedding invitations in a box

I think these are $12.99
                  Off topic here ... Glenda! That's exactly the colour of orange I want in my wedding! I am having a hard time finding items in that shade. (Looking for bm dresses now).

#19 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

You want like a dark orange? What kinds of stuff are you looking for I can help you search the web for things in this color.

#20 PaulaV

PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      You want like a dark orange? What kinds of stuff are you looking for I can help you search the web for things in this color.
                      Yes, not a deep deep, but vibrant. I guess the bm dresses is first. Since Dreams Cancun is surrounded by turquoise water and the walk up to the gazebo is surrounded by green grass, I wanted to give a pop of colour. I am trying to find dresses with a sleek modern design. I am going to a place on Thursday evening which might have some.

I think I will have to find table runners or I can make something with that colour for the tables. I think I am going to do the drowned flower idea in square vases.

I want mango callas, but that may be too much orange with the bm dresses and my flowers. (Suggestions?!)

My original idea was to have these colours with just a pop of orange:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users