El Dorado Royale Wedding Review May 2007

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
  • Vendor
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Here you go Tammy, a sneak peek just for you!

Click the image to open in full size.

There are more images from Julie's daughter's beautiful wedding on my blog, Mallory and Matt, destination wedding at the El Dorado Royale Resort, Maya Riviera, Mexico | Elizabeth Medina Photography

#12 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

Beautiful pics Elizabeth- I love your work!

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding Julie- everything looks beautiful. Thanks for the review- I'm sure it will be very helpful to the EDR brides!

#13 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

elizabeth, wonderful pictures. it looks straight out of a magazine. they look gorgeous together....and sooo happy!!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        courtney, FI & I are staying in the casitas for our honeymoon, so I'll be sure to post all the dirt on the casitas when we get back, if no one else stays there before us! That was our big splurge of the wedding, Steve wanted the lazy river right on our doorstep, lol! I can't wait!
        Oh ya - post the most extensive review ever (with pictures of course)!! I've heard they're incredibly stunning, I'm sure you'll love them. At first I didn't think the lazy rivers were worth the upgrade.. my aunt had one in front of the building thing she was in (she wasn't in a casita though)... and omg - SO worth the upgrade!! We ended up going to her room a little too often! lol.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#15 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

omg omg omg - I missed those pictures!! lol. Elizabeth - thanks for the sneak peak... they're great!! I can't wait to see the rest! How much longer do we have to wait?! lol

#16 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
          • 554 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hi Julie,
            It looks like your daughter's wedding was incredible!!

I was wondering what building the reception was held in? It looked beautiful!
            Also what type of dinner did you have?

Thanks so much!!

#17 jjwilla220

jjwilla220
            • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

The reception was held at the La Isla restaurant. It was closed for our private party. The venue was wonderful. The welcome dinner was held at Guaycama (s) Bar area. Again, they closed the area for our guests.
              The chapel at EDR is beautiful but they also have a very nice gazebo on the beach. The gazebo is near the casitas. The chapel holds 90 and I am not sure about the gazebo area.

#18 jjwilla220

jjwilla220
              • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

I knew there was something else you had asked. The dinner was ordered off the menu for private functions that EDR offers. We had a cocktail party prior to the reception while the pictures were being taken. The cocktail party was EDR Mexican Cocktail menu. The reception dinner was grilled cactus and mozzarella (would not do that again) Papaya salad (fantastic) and grilled mahi-mahi (delicious) We just offered cake for dessert. Anything else I can help with let me know.

#19 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                • Vendor
                • 278 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

I am realizing that I should have posted the slideshow to this same thread, to give some illustration to Julie's review...here it is just in case anyone missed it. Matt and Mallory

#20 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina
                    I am realizing that I should have posted the slideshow to this same thread, to give some illustration to Julie's review...here it is just in case anyone missed it. Matt and Mallory
                    That's ok, a slideshow like that deserves its own thread!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users