Wedding at the Cabo Hilton

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole.gia View Post
Thank you for the review it is so helpful to hear what other brides have done. Your pictures are gorgeous btw! I am getting married June 2010 at the Hilton and can't wait. I am going there this week for a second site visit and to the menu tasting and to meet with Jennifer Hattton and Mazarate Florist. So excited!!!

I was going to mention something since I see that your getting married in June too. I had wet iced towels waiting by the shoe mat for everyone after the ceremony thinking that they were going to use them for their feet. Everyone actually used them to cool off. It was so hot on the beach. Just a suggestion for your guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcegirl01 View Post
Alyson, I just watched your video and I love it! We used Angel too for ours and I still go back to his site to watch the new videos :)
What a beautiful wedding and your dh was so sweet when he was describing how you met--so magical!

Great job writing the review for everyone! Congrats!
Thank you so much! Angel was great!! I go check out his other videos too. I saw yours before our wedding. Your video was great! I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAMMAGIRL77 View Post
Thanks for the review. You pictures look awesome!!! I'm surprised that you already have photos.

Jess
We got our video and photo's in the same package. Irela and Angel were so quick. We got them 2 days after we returned from our honeymoon. It was so fun to watch the video's and look at the pictures when we got home. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv09 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted before and wish that I would have found this site long before I did. I was married in Cabo at the Hilton on June 6, 2009 and wanted to help those of you who are thinking of getting married in Cabo or are getting married in Cabo. By the time I found this board I had mostly everything done but still checked it out for reviews about vendors. I can also thank all of you for recommending me to Suzanne Morel. She is wonderful and so is her team. They exceeded my expectations. Here is my vendor list and what I thought about them.

LaPanga Antigua -San Jose Del Cabo- Raquel, the banquet manager at this hotel was wonderful in helping us select the menu for our rehearsal dinner. They had a private area with music playing when we arrived. We also brought in our own wine from Napa Valley to save money. I made the wine and food menus that were placed at each table. The dinner was great! We also had our photographer, Irela Garcia, there that evening to take pictures of us around San Jose. She captured some great shots at a beautiful boutique hotel and an old hidden church on the grounds of the hotel.

Hilton- The wedding coordinator Dulce Camacho is great. The day wouldn't have gone so flawless without her. She was there every step of the way. From the moment we started planning, to the site visit, and the wedding week. She was there to answer any questions and help us change some last minutes stuff when a few guests cancelled the week of the wedding. She also helped with all the vendors even when she didn't have to. I booked all of the vendors myself except the cake and flowers. She made sure they were all there and ready when, according to our contract, she only had to work with the flowers and cake. She definitely goes above and beyond her job title.

The food was wonderful and the service was 7 star(does it go that high) :) We had a great time there all week. We were treated so well. They were by the pool everyday giving us free leg massages, spritzing us with cold evian spray, handing out cold towels and cleaning our sunglasses. You didn't even have to move and someone was always there if you needed them. If you decide to get married here you will not be disappointed.

The Hilton also recommended a bonfire on the beach after the reception. The reception had to be done by 10:30pm since it was outdoors on a terrace and we wanted to do something to wind down the evening. The bonfire was perfect and amazing. They set up the fire with cushions around it. We had a bar set up on the beach to serve just beer, water and margaritas. What a great way to end a perfect day.

Suzanne Morel and her team- I was a little hesitant in booking Suzanne Morel because of the cost but all in all I am so glad that I did. I sat there and relaxed while they did my make-up and hair. They did a wonderful job and my make-up was great!! I always wear a fair share of make-up so I was nervous as to how they were going to do mine and it was perfect. Everyone commented on it.

Irela Garcia (photographer). Absolutely Amazing! She is so easy to work with and so nice. She is highly recommended and once you see her work you will know why. You can check out some of our photo's on her website at photostyleincabo.com. (Alyson and David)

Angel Zapien (videographer)-We are so glad that we did a videographer. We were tossing around the idea until we saw Angel's work. We couldn't pass it up. It was definitely worth every penny. We got our final video back yesterday and it is beautiful. He captured every special moment and even moments that we missed. Guests left messages on the video for us that we saw for the first time yesterday. He also sent us all of the cassettes of every single piece of footage they got. I am definitely having them made into discs to save. You can view our preview video at angelzapien.com. its right on the front page. I think it might be on Irela's site too.

Mariachi Los Cabo International- These guys were fantastic. We only hired a trio but that was great. They played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. With only 30 people, a full mariachi would have been way too many members. They were on time, played every song that we wanted and entertained the guests while we were getting our pictures taken. The guests loved them. They was only $300 an hour and well worth it.

Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional
mariachiloscabosi@hotmail.com
Homephone: (52-624) 173.3587
Cellphone: 624.151.5529

Jennifer Hatton- Cake-Jennifers cakes are amazing(everything was so great, I can't stop saying that word.) I'll be honest I was a little worried about the cake. We were there for a site visit and tasted cakes while we were there. The cakes were good but didn't blow me away and I love dessert. I wanted to use her though since she was highly recommended. The cake was delicious on the wedding day. Melt in your mouth delicious. We had a marble cake with a chocolate ganash filling. Yummy! I wish I would have had time to eat a little more. I'm so glad I stuck with her when I wasn't sure.

Jennifer Hatton
cabodessertdiva.com
Tel: (624) 144-6247
Cel: (624) 158-8106

Mazarte Floral- Martha- The flowers were wonderful as you will see in the video preview and some of the pictures. Martha was so great to work with. We put ideas together during the site visit and then I went home and thought about them. I changed just about every decision I had made at the site visit. I designed all the flowers and sent a several page document of pictures/colors/flowers of what I had in mind. She did a fantastic job. These changes were all done two weeks out and she was more then willing to work with me to get exactly what I wanted for the day. Flowers were very important to me for the wedding.
Martha Zarate
Mazarte Floral

Last but not least..

DJ Ricardo- We originally met with DJ Ricardo during our site visit to basically go over what we didn't want played, our first dance songs, and the father/daughter song. He did an excellent job announcing and we were so happy with him. I can't imagine doing a small wedding like ours and trying to get people to dance. He far succeeded though. He had tons of people out there and truly knows how to read what people like.

One last thing…..We were legally married in Cabo and it was so easy. We paid for a translator and everything went great. We got the marriage certificate and when we got home it was accepted everywhere. It took me no time at all to change my name. It was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be. And for the blood test, from someone that hates needles, it was done so gently. I didn't feel a thing and didn't bruise. My husband was so worried he was going to bruise and then have a bruise on his arm all week. We both commented on how gentle they were. It took about 1 minute for both of us and we were on our way. I honestly can say that they were a lot gentler then most nurses in the USA. ha!

Jennifer did make cake last yr for my wedding. The best cake!!!

• 3 months later...

What a great review thanks! I am getting married in Cabo in Novemeber next year and am trying to decide between the Hilton and the Sheraton, i have also been looking at most of the vendors that you used! Did the bonfire on the beach have to be finished by a certain time? Where about did you hold the ceremony and reception?

I love your flowers i have been thinking about light pink roses for me and then light pink and white for the tables, but after seeing yours i think i want the bright pink! How much did your florist charge?

Victoria