Photo

Anyone own an Acura TL?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

My DH and I are planning on buying one with in these next few weeks. I don't know anyone that owns one, so I was hoping to maybe get some feedback from any current or previous owners. We will buying it used, 2006-2007.

Thanks in advance!

#2 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

I wish! That's my dream car.......so jealous!!!

#3 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
      • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MegaShay
        I have a 2007 Acura TL with Navigation and I LOVE it!! This is my second Acura and I absolutely love them. If you have any specific q's about it, let me know!
        That was fast, thanks!! My family and DH are hardcore Acura lovers because their cars have lasted years and years! My DH actually still owns his first car (Integra) that he first bought out of high school; it's his commuter car. It has over 250,000 miles and it keeps on working just fine!

How is your car on gas? Have you had any major issues with the electrical part of the vehicle (i.e. navigation, etc)?

#4 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

Hey that Acura buy sounds great.

#5 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
          • 387 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

I have a 2006 TL (no navigation) and I LOVE it. It's actually my second acura, after trading in my TSX. My commute is only 14 miles to the hospital, so my driving is a mix of highway and city miles. I get about 23-26 mpg, and am amazed how far I can drive on 1 tank of gas on road trips. The only problems I've had with it are that I needed my battery replaced a few months ago, but it was free since it's still under full warranty until 50,000 miles. I also had an issue with my ac not blowing as cold as it usually does. I took it in to the dealership, and a hose's connection was lose, so they just replaced it (again free due to the warranty). I like that Acura uses higher quality oil, so you don't have to get oil changes every 3 thousand miles and the car will tell you when your oil life is low. I also don't know how I lived previously without my built-in XM radio!! Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions too. Great car, you'll be pleased:)
            Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

Don't have the TL, but I have an '05 TSX and LOVE IT! My husband claims it's "his car" now that we're married. He is a total car FREAK and is in love with our car... Acuras are GREAT!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I'm glad to hear all this positive feedback. I'm getting excited to start test driving already!!!! How's the trunk space, BTW?! That's important for me now since I'll have to start transporting strollers in a few weeks...

#8 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

Sooo jealous...Acura TL is definitely my dream car!

#9 big3n09

big3n09
                  • 616 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

I highly recommend acura's I have a 03 TL and I just hit 100,000, never had any major problems. I really like the RL but I may go for the MDX. Good luck with your purchase!
                    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#10 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by big3n09
                      I highly recommend acura's I have a 03 TL and I just hit 100,000, never had any major problems. I really like the RL but I may go for the MDX. Good luck with your purchase!
                      I really like the MDX, too. That will be our next car for sure once theTL has been paid off.

We are going today to go test drive the TL. I'm super excited and if I buy one today, I will post some pics!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users