Sombreros and Chanclas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

I just have to share this because I keep giggling at my desk.

So FIs brother/best man is way high maintenance and keeps complaining about petty things – why did you pick that date for the wedding… the rooms only hold 3 people… I told him and my brothers (they are standing with me instead of bridesmaids) that we were going to buy their shirts and flip flops for the wedding and asked them to send me their sizes. FBIL starts throwing a hissy fit saying that not all flip flops fit the same. He and his wife are giving FI a hard time saying that they don’t understand why we would want to buy his shoes. Well excuse me for trying to be nice – guess those Reef bottle opener flip flops were just too trashy for their high maintenance lives.

Whatevs, so to be just as annoying I told him that I decided that the boys have to wear sombreros during the ceremony. And that I needed them to also send me their sombrero hat sizes. Now FBIL is really appalled and telling us that everyone in Mexico is going to spit in our drinks. So we just keep pushing it. I sent them a sombrero website and told them to pick out the ones they wanted. And yesterday we were in a store that had mini sombreros so we took a picture with it on and texted it to him asking him what he thought. My family thinks the sombrero idea is hilarious so I’m actually going to have to buy them some (but not for the ceremony). We are thinking that we might even mail FBIL a sombrero with a note saying not to forget to pack it for Puerto Vallarta.

Evil – yes. But it makes me laugh because FBIL and wifey have complained about the dumbest things for our wedding. Heheheheh

#2 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

That is really, really funny! Oh my gosh! HAHAHA! Serves him right, lol!

#3 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

That is too funny!! I think it's awesome egging him on like that.... He sounds exactly like my brother, who I refer to as "Cinderfella"....the man princess!
        First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#4 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

LOL that is hilarious!! I love that story.

#5 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

HAHAHAH Autjo! You are hilarious! I would do the same thing if people started complaining about petty things!

#6 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

hahaha that is awesome!!

#7 destination

• 215 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

I agree, very funny. This is totally the kind of thing that I love screwing with people about. Way to keep it light hearted and fun! Good for you!

#8 meg444

• 153 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

hahaha serves him right for being such a diva! nice one!
                  http://i636.photobuc....bucketfeet.jpgMeg & Mike
                  Grand Palladium Resort, Riviera Maya
                  December 2, 2010

#9 EDSROSA

• 510 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

That is hysterical! If you guys are traveling together I would bring one for him to wear while he travels if not I would greet him at the hotel with one in hand!!!!LOL

#10 zethers

• 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

LOL!! That is too funny!! Hats off to you, or should I say sombrero! I would totally drag it out as much as I could. Have fun with it, LOL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users