Can I bring this into Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:14 AM

I just started an intensive regimen of 6 Chinese herbal compounds to fight allergy/sinus infection problems. Does anyone know if it would be a problem bringing them into Mexico? They are made here in Garland, TX and consist mostly of flowers and plants like dandelion, etc...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hmm, I don't know. Are you concerned about bringing it on board with you? Could you not just call the airport/airline and have them check with you? I think that's the best way - get the confirmation straight from them.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

im sure you will be fine.. but if i were you i would pack them in your regular checked luggage...just make sure its in the original box or package...

#4 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
        • VIP Member
        • 4,116 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

I agree with all of that! ;-)

Call the airlines for sure...it never hurts to ask them and see what the regulations are. And definitely keep them in whatever original/official looking package you have. I imagine a bunch of herbs in a ziploc wouldn't go over terribly well in an airport! Lol!!

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

I'm personally a big fan of the don't ask, don't tell policy. Seriously, airline screeners are not looking for pot or herbs, their looking for weapons and explosives. Are these herbs in pill form or just loose? If their pills, I would just put them in an rx bottle & carry in my carry on just like I would any other meds I'm taking. It's for personal use, and it's not illegal, so I wouldn't even worry. (can you tell I've transported lots of stuff I shouldn't have?? lol)

#6 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

As long as you keep them in your checked luggage you should be okay. I wouldnt try bringing it in your carry on luggage though.

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hmm, ok. The only thing is they're supposed to be stored in a cool, dry place which I'm not sure will happen if they're underneath the plane...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 NATASHA

NATASHA
                • 646 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have to travel with herbs - some that are liquid and some that are capsules that have to be kept cold which means I have to travel with ice packs and a cooler bag that I take on the plane with me.

I travel all over the US on a bi-weekly basis and have been back and forth to Cabo 4 times in the last year. I have never had a problem and frequently I take the tablets out and stick them in a ziplock so they're not in any kind of identifiable packaging.

If you're really concerned, you could have your practitioner write a statement about them on letterhead. I wouldn't check them - if your luggage gets lost you will miss doses.
                  Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#9 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NATASHA
                    you could have your practitioner write a statement about them on letterhead. I wouldn't check them - if your luggage gets lost you will miss doses.
                    Natasha, you are an endless source of knowledge!

It sounds to me that if you have your stuff in it's original packaging and you had a letter you should be fine. To be honest I would be more concerned with your return flight from Mexico into the USA...
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 Ashleigh

Ashleigh
                    • 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                      I just started an intensive regimen of 6 Chinese herbal compounds to fight allergy/sinus infection problems. Does anyone know if it would be a problem bringing them into Mexico? They are made here in Garland, TX and consist mostly of flowers and plants like dandelion, etc...
                      Put it in your purse. You should be fine!!!! Just went to Cabo in March, and I had no problem with my meds! HAVE FUN!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users