Dreams Los Cabos planning questions
Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:06 PM
1) What did you do for the welcome dinner/event? We want to have a dinner for our families and then a cocktail reception or something for everyone afterwards. Anyone do anything that avoided the $28 pp private event charge? Yarai told us about Rendez Vous, but is that a good place to gather?
2) Did anyone use Dreams for their decorations/flowers? It seems like the cheapest option, but I would like to hear if they do a good job...
3) How's the buffet dinner? I decided that I would rather do buffet than sit down to keep it casual. Anyone try any of the buffet menus?
4) What are the options for activities during the day for our guests? Did you provide the activities or just leave them to whatever they wanted to do?
5) Any cute ideas for favor/welcome bags?
Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:06 AM
if you have a larger group it is worth the $$ to splurge on a private welcome event. or maybe a place at the bar for chips, salsa, guac where they can go to the bar for drinks if you don't want to spend as much $$
2) Did anyone use Dreams for their decorations/flowers? It seems like the cheapest option, but I would like to hear if they do a good job... they are prety good about getting you what you need. i wouldnt be too worried about it
3) How's the buffet dinner? I decided that I would rather do buffet than sit down to keep it casual. Anyone try any of the buffet menus? i did the mexican buffet for my welcome dinner and usually do it for our annual group trips. the food is great...so yummy...i actually liked it more than my sit down reception food (but then i was so nervous/excited at wedding i hardly ate)
4) What are the options for activities during the day for our guests? Did you provide the activities or just leave them to whatever they wanted to do? we did a few activities offsite: sailing/snorkelling, pub crawl, shopping day but mostly just liked hanging out together.
5) Any cute ideas for favor/welcome bags? check out OOT bag forum above...lots of ideas.
my review with pics in my siggy...alot of us dreams brides have our review with planning info in our sigs. look for "sarah", "leia" they did alot of neat stuff.
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:42 PM
I used outside decorations becaus of the color I chose, but the decoration I saw for other weddings by Dreams was very nice too.
I did a sit down, but I think a buffet would be good because some people enjoy an array of food choices.
There are daily activities by the pool area and nightlife shows which were fun too. You always can go off site too.
I did not do OOt bags after all.
[IMG]<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=ti ckers"><img src="http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt375c9.aspx" alt=" Trying to Conceive Ticker" border="0" /></a>[/IMG]
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users