#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

source: www.goarticles.com

If white pristine beaches and picturesque sunsets is your definition of romance then perhaps consider having your dream wedding in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

There are so many dimensions to planning a wedding with many details and stressful decisions to be made. Some couples may welcome the traditional methods to wedding planning however; more and more couples have decided to veer away from the more conventional wedding ceremonies and have decided to include the sun, sand and Island hospitality as a means to starting a new chapter in their lives as husband and wife.

For many decades several resorts in Punta Cana have helped couples plan and customize their dream wedding. Ask to consult with their wedding event planner. They will be glad to contribute their expertise towards making your wedding day as memorable and romantic as can be. Most resorts will offer a free wedding service if the future bride and groom book a one week stay at their resort, however the couple will be responsible for the cost of their wedding license.

Clearly there are many advantages to having a Caribbean, paradise wedding. For starters there is the obvious; the location. Secondly, couples can begin their life together without the enormous debt most weddings leave behind. There is less planning involved. You're almost guaranteed a beautiful day with a breath taking sunset to end the night. You're able to share this event with the people that really matter in your lives (not your Aunt Ethel who you've never met before!) and lastly, you've already arrived at your Honeymoon destination.

Although getting married in Punta Cana may not involve as much planning as a conventional wedding, it is important to inform yourself of what may not be included in your wedding package. There may be some added fees such as; notary fee, private dinner reception (without the other hotel guests crashing your party!), and a photographer to capture every memorable moment and the beauty Punta Cana provides. For more information about weddings in Punta Cana visit {a href=" http://www.puntacana-information-guide.com/weddings-in-Punta-Cana.html" target="_blank"}www.puntacana-information-guide.com

Yet keep in mind, if you're someone who's needs to be in control at all times and you live by your watch; a Caribbean wedding is not for you. Island time is not for everyone. Locals tend to move at a much slower, relaxed pace than the rest of the world. So be prepared for some possible delays such as the judge showing-up late or a two o'clock wedding being postponed to four o'clock. Remember to remind yourselves that you're in one of the most beautiful beach destinations in the world. Sit back relax, what will be will be, or better yet have another Pina Colada!

About the Author
Nancy Koluzs is the editor of the Punta Cana Information Guide www.puntacana-information-guide.com a travel guide offering pertinent information ranging from tips and contacts to Caribbean recipes. Nancy and her family have been to Punta Cana scores of times and know more about the region than most of the locals do, their passion for the area definitely

Attached Files

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 msjesslee

msjesslee
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

We have family reunions in punta cana, so easy for all ages esp kids

#3 Line M

Line M
    • 171 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

Great article.

I am a newbie and trying to figure out where to have my wedding. I am crazy but I am trying to plan it for August 2011. Just got engaged and the only thing I know is that we want a destination wedding.

Line

#4 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

Sounds wonderful!

#5 Evgal

Evgal
        • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

Can't wait for Punta Cana!

#6 Kat1919

Kat1919
          • 58 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

hmmm making me rethink!

#7 charitydawn

charitydawn
            • 157 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

This makes me very glad I choose to go to punta cana :) Thank you.

#8 aheyse

aheyse
              • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

I originally wasn't sold on DR but the more I look at the different resort options the more I think it is the place for us!  Hopefully booking for October 2012 soon!

#9 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
                • 102 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I agree Punta Cana is definitely a great destination! In June 2011 Travel Impressions and Melia Hotels International sponsored 17 travel agents for a 5 day visit to Punta Cana. It was a great trip and we all had a wonderful time and I have attached a few pictures from my trip. Punta Cana has something for everyone. Whether you're looking for family friendly resorts, adults only, luxury or adventure Punta Cana has it all! We went ziplining through the beautiful Punta Cana hillsides, relaxed on the white sand beaches, experienced first class spas, dined in amazing restaurants and had an opportunity to tour 8 properties! It was a busy week and I can't wait to go back. There is so much more to see!  

Attached Files

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                  Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#10 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                  • 400 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

I can't wait to get married in Punta Cana!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users