march132010
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

ur dress is beautiful

#32 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Keep the dress... it looks great on you.
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#33 CrystalM

CrystalM
      • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

I'm going through the same thing.

I decided that I'm going to work my tush off to get my TTD to be "the dress". I love my wedding dress; I never felt it was "the dress", but one that is perfect for my beach wedding. My fiance actually picked it out with me.

My fiance dislikes dresses with anything resembling a train and hates the gathered skirts (leave it to him to form an opinion about dresses! LOL), but doesn't care if it's the picture dress.
        I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#34 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Amber, you are smoking in that dress!!! You got the girls to pull off the neckline. Stick with it!!!

#35 hsims1

hsims1
          • 356 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

You look absolutely gorgeous in your dress. I wouldn't change a think....that dress was made for you and your specical day.

#36 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
            • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

It looks amazing on you!! Keep it!
              March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
              Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
              http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#37 blushingbride

blushingbride
              • 366 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Your dress looks great on you! Keep it. But, I understand your second guessing...alot of brides go through dress envy. I went through the same thing. I swore I wouldn't be a 2-dress bride, but lo and behold I became one, lol. What motivated my decision was because when going to my first fitting for my Sottero & Midgley dress, I realized it was a tad heavy for the beach. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
                I then ran across this dress in a bridal magazine and fell in love. Turns out, I got lucky because a bride on craigslist was selling it for super cheap so I snatched it up and she became all mine!!! It is a perfect weight for our beach wedding, and I love it! I haven't had to do any alterations to it, except for dry cleaning. Decide what's important to you, and why you would want a 2nd dress...

#38 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

today I put my wedding dress on..again..and I decided that when I get alterations I'm not going to have them shorten the dress because I want the train to stay as long as it is. I think once I have it taken in an inch or two (the dress should be a little more snug than it is because that is how it was designed to be) and have the straps taken in just a little that it will be perfect. I mean after all when I first tried the dress on they clipped all up to have it fit perfectly (not that it doesn't fit perfectly now). The only problem I have with the dress not being shortened is the front is a little long even with a heel or wedge. (I have wedges at home that I tried on with the dress because I wanted to see if that is the height I wanted for my shoe, but I would have to walk on sand somewhere to see if they would work for a beach ceremony) BUT I am definitely keeping my dress!!

#39 Ayita

Ayita
                  • 861 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

So you finally decided for a Maggie, isn't it ? I saw you're selling this one... can we see the new dress ??

#40 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                    • 148 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ayita
                      So you finally decided for a Maggie, isn't it ? I saw you're selling this one... can we see the new dress ??
                      I posted pictures in a thread already =) it's under wedding attire "My Maggie Sottero Dress"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users