Photo

Fiance's dress offer!!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

I've tried on probably 200 dresses and I fell in love with 2. One was $1200 and just out of our price range, the other was a bit too princessy for a DW even though I loved it. I ended up buying two dresses on ebay because they were so cheap. One I wanted to cut off for the AHR and the other fit everything I said I wanted (though I didn't really love it). Now I found the $1200 dress I loved half off on ebay and am trying to sell the other two. I was telling my fiance that I was worried about not going ahead and buying the dress in case it and mine got sold then i'd be back at square one. He said to go ahead and sell mine first and that he'd buy me ANY dress if I lost 25 pounds!!! WOOO!!! To some women this may sound mean but i'm so excited! I lost about that much last year and have put on around 30 since August. I NEED and WANT to lose it before the wedding anyway and now I have extra motivation! He'll buy me any dress I want!!!! I have the best fiance!!!!

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

I don't think it sounds mean...he's trying to motivate you. Hopefully he's helping you with exercise and diet and stuff. FI and I have a pact to be "super sexy" for our wedding so we're going to the gym together and eating very healthy. GOOD LUCK!!!!

#3 SunPrncss85

SunPrncss85
      • 71 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

That is so supportive of him! And what a great idea to help motivate you to get to the size you want to, on your special day!

#4 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

That's very nice of him to offer to pay for the dress.. and as long as the weight loss is something that YOU want to do for yourself/were already planning on doing yourself - then it's fantastic of him to provide you with a great reward if you meet your goals.

#5 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

That's sweet :) I'm glad he's willing to do that for you and that is offer is so motivating!!!!!

#6 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
            • 202 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Thats totally awesome of him!! Good luck!! Keep us updated on your progress!

#7 KJT1985

KJT1985
              • 694 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

Thanks guys! Last near I lost that much then gained it all back since. I did it mainly using Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople which is an awesome website that lets you track your food and exercise. It's also allows you to talk to other people who have similar goals or reasons for losing weight which is pretty motivating. AND it's completely free! I sound like a spokesperson or spam but it's really the best thing i've ever found for weight loss.

#8 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
                • 2,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

that's wonderful! keep us posted on the progress. Also you might want to post your dress on here as well.

#9 jennierin

jennierin
                  • 847 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hey...I just think that's a great deal! You get the dress of your dreams AND a hot little bod to go with it! Nothing wrong with a little motivation to get things started! Since you were planning on dropping the 25 lbs anyway...I think it's AWESOME.
                    http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
                    First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#10 A2Bride

A2Bride
                    • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

I think that is a great motivator for you!! You will look hot in the dress of your dreams!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users