How many surgeries have you had?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

I've had a whopping ZERO surgeries.

I can sympathize with all the "dry socket" people out there though. I had my wisdom teeth just done in the office, awake. Got dry socket only on the one side and I thought death would be better than the pain I was in. Evil.

#22 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
    • 609 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

I was born with an "extra bone" on my knee. It's really hard to describe but I had a huge bump on the side of my leg that had muscle over it so when I would bend my knee repeatedly (ie. ride a bike, go up & down stairs) the muscle would rub against it and it would hurt. So when I was 7, they sawed it off. Literally. Now I have arthritis in that knee so I can predict the rain. That's the only surgery so far. Fortunately (ha!) I have a huge mouth so the dentist said I have "plenty of room" to keep my wisdom teeth. I do want Lasik though!

#23 mmontgo

mmontgo
      • 191 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

I've had my wisdom teeth removed and a tumor (benign) removed from my breast.

#24 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:18 AM

I really want to do the Lasik eye surgery but it freaks the hell outta me! lol It sure would be nice not to worry about contacts anymore though...

#25 Carlitarenee

Carlitarenee
          • 248 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

Thankfully, all pretty standard and no emergency surgeries but...

1.) Tubes put in my ears
            2.) Tubes taken out of my ears
            3.) Surgery to fix the hole in my eardrum from removing the tubes and remove my adnoids (sp?)
            4.) Tonsillectomy
            5.) All 4 wisdom teeth along with that awful dry socket - ended up kicking and breaking the windshield in the car on accident as I was in lots of pain but still loopy from the drugs

#26 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Wow! what is this dry socket thing? it sounds painful!!

#27 CrystalM

CrystalM
              • 829 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

When your wisdom teeth are removed, there is a blood clot that forms in it's place. Dry socket is when that blood clot gets removed and all the nerve endings that were attached to the teeth are exposed to air.

For me the pain was throbbing from my ear to my chin on both sides. Not fun.
                I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#28 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Yikes! I dunno if I had this when I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

#29 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

I've had zero surgeries!!! Not even my wisdom teeth! My dentist told me the same thing that FoxyBride's told her..... my mouth is definitely big enough to keep them lol. I do however have a lot of strange "everyday medical issues". Nothing serious, but it seems like I have a lot of issues compared to everyone else I know!
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#30 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
                    • 417 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm 22 and have had 3 surgeries (I don't count my wisdom teeth). I had my tonsillectomy, a lumpectomy (had a benign lump in my breast), then most recently had breast augmentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users