AHR Invitation Wording

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#11 MrsSparrow2B

• 152 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm so undecided about my wording. I think the poems are a bit cheesy for my liking, but I still can't come up with soemthing I'm happy with. *sigh* Did anyone else have anything different?

#12 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Oh yeah I refuse to rhyme too :)

I sent Save the Dates out b/c I was afraid ppl would think they were not invited to anything if they did not get the Mexico invite. So we said:

Save the Date

for the Stateside Reception for

The couple is having a small wedding in mexico and hopes that you can join them upon their return to celebrate their marriage

invitation to follow closer to date.

#13 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

whoops - really said

for the Stateside Reception of

#14 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

You should try VerseIt.com. It has a bunch of great wording for all types of invitations. We got our AHR wording from there.
          - Grace
          Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
          Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
          Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
          Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#15 Angela_105

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the website! Excellent reference!

#16 caribbeanLover

• 1,619 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for this topic, exactly what I needed. The website is amazing, thanks!:)
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

#17 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

This is the invite wording for the AHR. We sent them out about 5 weeks ago to give everyone plenty of notice.

(our full names on top)

On October 10th, 2009 we will be married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
                We invite you to join us upon return for a celebratory luncheon.

(date, time, rsvp, ect)

I made up this simple verse to convey the fact that it is in no way a fancy blown out reception, and that we will already be married by then.
                Not that this is important but I got the invites made up by Paperstyle.com, they have quite a few beach designs to pick from. I accidently had made a typo on the restaurant address and they reprinted my entire order, free of charge and rushed shipped it. I cannot say enough good things about this company.
                Someone should start a thread where we post pictures of the AHR invites.

#18 TeNeil

• 192 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by GracieBebe
                  You should try VerseIt.com. It has a bunch of great wording for all types of invitations. We got our AHR wording from there.
                  Thanks for the website! Definitely helpful

#19 Flasong

• 340 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

These are all good ideas. I haven't even begun thinking about our AHR lol..my friend who can't make it to our wedding wants to plan it

#20 zethers

• 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

We decided to have a fiesta themed AHR...so I printed a fun picture of us from the wedding and glued a picture on the front on the inviation, decorated with cactus and chili peppers along the borders, (which I had to glue on one by one, because I couldn't find anything I liked or wanted to pay for), and on the back it read:

Tacos, Margaritas, That's HOT
                      it's a Fiesta Celebration
                      Lizeth & Alberto
                      Tied the KNOT

With all the details under that. I know, I know, it may be a bit cheesy, but it turned out really cute. The picture of us was of us him carrying me on the beach and we're both laughing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users