Jump to content

Photo

AHR Invitation Wording


  • Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91 Reese713

Reese713
  • Newbie
  • 6 posts

    Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

    I love the fiesta invitation! We're looking for something fun, so I might steal some of your wording :)



    #92 Krs398

    Krs398
    • Jr. Member
    • 166 posts

      Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

       

      On Tuesday, June 26, 2012,
      they will slip a ring on each other's

      finger and make a promise for life.


      On behalf of Mr. & Mrs. H

       and Mr. & Mrs. F

      you are invited to attend a reception

       to welcome them as husband and wife!



      #93 SunsetLove

      SunsetLove
      • Jr. Member
      • 156 posts

        Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:55 AM



        Originally Posted by Krs398 

         

        On Tuesday, June 26, 2012,
        they will slip a ring on each other's

        finger and make a promise for life.


        On behalf of Mr. & Mrs. H

         and Mr. & Mrs. F

        you are invited to attend a reception

         to welcome them as husband and wife!

        We are twins! I am getting married on June 26th too!!
         

         



        #94 Krs398

        Krs398
        • Jr. Member
        • 166 posts

          Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:13 PM


          It will an amazing day for us!! Yay!

          Originally Posted by SunsetLove 

          We are twins! I am getting married on June 26th too!!
           

           



           



          #95 SunsetLove

          SunsetLove
          • Jr. Member
          • 156 posts

            Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:53 AM



            Originally Posted by Krs398 


            It will an amazing day for us!! Yay!



             



            Yes it will!!!



            #96 sbg75

            sbg75
            • Jr. Member
            • 151 posts

              Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

              I loved some of these, but my fiance didn't seem to like anything too creative and thought we should just go with the formal style. (Oh well, I get my way a lot of times!)

               

              So ours simply say:

               

              Together with their parents, S&S request the pleasure of the company of __________ following their wedding in Florida, at address for Reception with buffet on this date.

               

              We thought we'd put the 'together with their parents' as we totally planned and paid for our DW and sent the invitations from our baby son!

              I still don't expect them to pay for anything, but I thought it was a nice gesture as I think my mum was a little hurt that she wasn't on the other invite as is 'traditional'.



              #97 katman

              katman
              • Jr. Member
              • 170 posts

                Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

                Thanks for all the inspiration everyone! Some really cute ideas



                #98 jaruszen

                jaruszen
                • Site Supporter
                • 15 posts

                  Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

                  Hi all!   We are getting married in Mexico in November and almost 30 family and friends will be joining us.  After the ceremony we will be having a mini-reception (dinner and dancing) that evening.  We are then having an AHR in January and expect about 150 people.   I was wondering if you have any recommendations/comments about sending the Mexico invite and the AHR invite together to all 150 people?  Do you typically send the Destination invite and AHR invite separately and at separate times?

                   

                  The invitation would include:

                  -Mexico ceremony

                  -Mexico 'reception' - menu choices and response card

                  -AHR Information

                  -AHR Response Card

                   

                  I was thinking about sending them together so those that can't go to Mexico don't feel left out and they know that there will be a party to celebrate.  The fiance disagrees haha.  Any help is appreciated!



                  #99 Peach

                  Peach
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,293 posts

                    Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

                    Originally Posted by jaruszen 

                    Hi all!   We are getting married in Mexico in November and almost 30 family and friends will be joining us.  After the ceremony we will be having a mini-reception (dinner and dancing) that evening.  We are then having an AHR in January and expect about 150 people.   I was wondering if you have any recommendations/comments about sending the Mexico invite and the AHR invite together to all 150 people?  Do you typically send the Destination invite and AHR invite separately and at separate times?

                     

                    The invitation would include:

                    -Mexico ceremony

                    -Mexico 'reception' - menu choices and response card

                    -AHR Information

                    -AHR Response Card

                     

                    I was thinking about sending them together so those that can't go to Mexico don't feel left out and they know that there will be a party to celebrate.  The fiance disagrees haha.  Any help is appreciated!

                     

                    I have heard a lot of brides on here send them out together, but for me personally I want to send them out separately. We are delivering message-in-a-bottle invites, and want to do that around Christmas. It is a little early, but that way we will be seeing a bunch of the people who are getting them, so we can save on some shipping. I just think ours is too early to send out AHR invites (for August) at that same time. Just my opinion though, and I think it would depend on your family and friends. Plus, I like getting invites in the mail... so I think our guests will be good getting them later in the spring.



                    #100 Mufin1785

                    Mufin1785
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 438 posts

                      Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

                      The final wording for the AHR we went with is:

                       

                      On the edge of the sand

                      Carolyn and Matthew will slip a Wedding band

                      On one another’s hand

                       

                      Please Join for a Toast

                      To Welcome the Newlyweds Home

                       

                      Date time and Location






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users