Jump to content
VioletVol

AHR Invitation Wording

Recommended Posts

 

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012,
they will slip a ring on each other's

finger and make a promise for life.


On behalf of Mr. & Mrs. H

 and Mr. & Mrs. F

you are invited to attend a reception

 to welcome them as husband and wife!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Krs398 View Post

 

 

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012,

they will slip a ring on each other's

finger and make a promise for life.

On behalf of Mr. & Mrs. H

 and Mr. & Mrs. F

you are invited to attend a reception

 to welcome them as husband and wife!

We are twins! I am getting married on June 26th too!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It will an amazing day for us!! Yay!

Originally Posted by SunsetLove View Post

We are twins! I am getting married on June 26th too!!
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved some of these, but my fiance didn't seem to like anything too creative and thought we should just go with the formal style. (Oh well, I get my way a lot of times!)

 

So ours simply say:

 

Together with their parents, S&S request the pleasure of the company of __________ following their wedding in Florida, at address for Reception with buffet on this date.

 

We thought we'd put the 'together with their parents' as we totally planned and paid for our DW and sent the invitations from our baby son!

I still don't expect them to pay for anything, but I thought it was a nice gesture as I think my mum was a little hurt that she wasn't on the other invite as is 'traditional'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!   We are getting married in Mexico in November and almost 30 family and friends will be joining us.  After the ceremony we will be having a mini-reception (dinner and dancing) that evening.  We are then having an AHR in January and expect about 150 people.   I was wondering if you have any recommendations/comments about sending the Mexico invite and the AHR invite together to all 150 people?  Do you typically send the Destination invite and AHR invite separately and at separate times?

 

The invitation would include:

-Mexico ceremony

-Mexico 'reception' - menu choices and response card

-AHR Information

-AHR Response Card

 

I was thinking about sending them together so those that can't go to Mexico don't feel left out and they know that there will be a party to celebrate.  The fiance disagrees haha.  Any help is appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jaruszen View Post

 

Hi all!   We are getting married in Mexico in November and almost 30 family and friends will be joining us.  After the ceremony we will be having a mini-reception (dinner and dancing) that evening.  We are then having an AHR in January and expect about 150 people.   I was wondering if you have any recommendations/comments about sending the Mexico invite and the AHR invite together to all 150 people?  Do you typically send the Destination invite and AHR invite separately and at separate times?

 

The invitation would include:

-Mexico ceremony

-Mexico 'reception' - menu choices and response card

-AHR Information

-AHR Response Card

 

I was thinking about sending them together so those that can't go to Mexico don't feel left out and they know that there will be a party to celebrate.  The fiance disagrees haha.  Any help is appreciated!

 

I have heard a lot of brides on here send them out together, but for me personally I want to send them out separately. We are delivering message-in-a-bottle invites, and want to do that around Christmas. It is a little early, but that way we will be seeing a bunch of the people who are getting them, so we can save on some shipping. I just think ours is too early to send out AHR invites (for August) at that same time. Just my opinion though, and I think it would depend on your family and friends. Plus, I like getting invites in the mail... so I think our guests will be good getting them later in the spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The final wording for the AHR we went with is:

 

On the edge of the sand

Carolyn and Matthew will slip a Wedding band

On one anotherâ€s hand

 

Please Join for a Toast

To Welcome the Newlyweds Home

 

Date time and Location

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×