Sign in to follow this  
~*Lisa*~

changing into a different dress?

Hi all!

I was just wondering, as I was sweating it out during one of my fittings, if any of you plan on changing from your wedding dress to a lighter, different dress for the evening? I hadn't considered it, but I may be now. I couldn't believe how freakin' hot I was under the dress. Thanks! :)

I wasn't considering this either...but when I had my last fitting I realized how uncomfortable my dress is! Really disappointing but at least I figured it out now...it will be fine for a few hours, but sitting and possibly dancing is nearly impossible because of how fitted and unforgiving the dress is. Ahhh! So I bought a short dress to change into if I get too uncomfortable. I'm hoping to wear my dress all night but at least I'll have a back up if I need it.

Yes, mostly because I plan on dancing at the disco afterwards and I plan on wearing my dress again at the AHR so I don't want it to get too dirty. I went to sears warehouse and picked up a nice white dress for $30. Good deals

Oh that is a good deal! I haven't decided yet. I'm such a hot person to begin with so I'm afraid that it'll make me sick if I get too hot. I could always bring one and decide that day!

Hmmm..... I had never considered this. I'm hoping that since I have a 4:00 ceremony in November and the sunsets pretty early, that I won't have to worry about it. Besides, I would probably be too stubborn to change into something else when that's the only time I'll ever get to wear it!

My ceremony is at 2, so smack in the middle of the heat! I don't want to change either but I couldn't believe how hot I got though. It was about 28 degrees Celcius that evening and I was on the second floor of my aunts house. My legs were seriously dripping with sweat, yuck!! This incident is really making me consider changing. hmmmm

I think your idea about bringing a 2nd dress is a good one - maybe just a sundress. Even if you don't end up wearing it that night you could another night. It sounds like it'll give you peace of mind to have the option to change.

That's a super cute dress! Perfect for the reception. I'm having the same dilemma! I'm going to keep my eye out for a cute white dress... although we're paying all that money for the wedding dress and will only get to wear it once! ....sigh....

Thats a cute dress. I think you should bring a lighter dress just in case you feel like you need to change. I got a light, short ivory dress from JC Penny for under $50 & brought it with me as my standby & was sooo glad that I did.

By the time we made it to the reception, I had to get out of my gown & into the 2nd dress. It was sooo hot in the disco that I really felt so much better once I changed.