changing into a different dress?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hi all!

I was just wondering, as I was sweating it out during one of my fittings, if any of you plan on changing from your wedding dress to a lighter, different dress for the evening? I hadn't considered it, but I may be now. I couldn't believe how freakin' hot I was under the dress. Thanks! :)

#2 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

I wasn't considering this either...but when I had my last fitting I realized how uncomfortable my dress is! Really disappointing but at least I figured it out now...it will be fine for a few hours, but sitting and possibly dancing is nearly impossible because of how fitted and unforgiving the dress is. Ahhh! So I bought a short dress to change into if I get too uncomfortable. I'm hoping to wear my dress all night but at least I'll have a back up if I need it.

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#3 Moonrhea

Moonrhea
      • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yes, mostly because I plan on dancing at the disco afterwards and I plan on wearing my dress again at the AHR so I don't want it to get too dirty. I went to sears warehouse and picked up a nice white dress for $30. Good deals

#4 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Oh that is a good deal! I haven't decided yet. I'm such a hot person to begin with so I'm afraid that it'll make me sick if I get too hot. I could always bring one and decide that day!

#5 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hmmm..... I had never considered this. I'm hoping that since I have a 4:00 ceremony in November and the sunsets pretty early, that I won't have to worry about it. Besides, I would probably be too stubborn to change into something else when that's the only time I'll ever get to wear it!
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#6 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

My ceremony is at 2, so smack in the middle of the heat! I don't want to change either but I couldn't believe how hot I got though. It was about 28 degrees Celcius that evening and I was on the second floor of my aunts house. My legs were seriously dripping with sweat, yuck!! This incident is really making me consider changing. hmmmm

#7 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

I think your idea about bringing a 2nd dress is a good one - maybe just a sundress. Even if you don't end up wearing it that night you could another night. It sounds like it'll give you peace of mind to have the option to change.

#8 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

Definitely. I saw this really cute one at Pennington's.

Dresses - Pintuck dress with adjustable straps

Do you think if I changed this would be ok for the evening?

#9 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

That's a super cute dress! Perfect for the reception. I'm having the same dilemma! I'm going to keep my eye out for a cute white dress... although we're paying all that money for the wedding dress and will only get to wear it once! ....sigh....

#10 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thats a cute dress. I think you should bring a lighter dress just in case you feel like you need to change. I got a light, short ivory dress from JC Penny for under $50 & brought it with me as my standby & was sooo glad that I did.
                      By the time we made it to the reception, I had to get out of my gown & into the 2nd dress. It was sooo hot in the disco that I really felt so much better once I changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users