Help! I love this dress but is a over budget! Do I Splurge?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi there, I don't know if you are willing to travel closer to Toronto but Bridal and Beyond in Mississauga and Toronto are having a promotion that you will save tax on any bridal orders as well as receive a free veil. It's a bit of a savings! This promotion is apparently only on until June 28/09. I've never been to this bridal salon but I was just searching for options for you.
    First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#22 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

I would try and find one on ebay, but if you can't. It's your day and I think you''ll keep kicking yourself for not Splurging!

#23 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

That is a gorgeous dress...looking on ebay is the best at finding dresses and accessories!!!

#24 Gr8ful

• 155 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Are you talking about a splurge that is $500 over your budget, $1,000 or more? If you are talking a few hundred dollars, then you can scrimp somewhere else, but if it is a LOT as in eating into your honeymoon budget, then I would think about it a little longer.

The first dress I fell in love with I wish I had never tried on, b/c I still love that dress, but I couldn't justify spending that much money. It was so beautiful.

So I looked and looked and looked and looked, and found something that I liked for much less. I still don't like it as much as the first dress, but for me, I would rather spend the money on our honeymoon. It was a compromise -- and I'm perfectly happy with the dress I have chosen. If I had spent that much money on the first dress, I would have felt sick about it, even now, so I'm glad I didn't.

#25 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

that dress is stunning. i tried it on too and it's one of my top 3 contenders right now. if it's only $300 dollars over budget...save the money some place else. also...when i tried the dress on, they said it was going to need quite a bit of alterations done (i'm small busted). that right there is the one thing that is stopping me from getting the dress, i have no idea how much extra money it is going to cost. talk it over with the bridal shop before you buy so you know & understand what the real costs involved are.

#26 angruck

• 248 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

I say just get a dress that makes you feel beautiful. This is a one time event and sometimes you have to put your happiness in front. I always thought I would never buy a wedding dress but i did! and I spent more than I thought I would but I also love the dress. It is perfect for me and I hope I will look beautiful on the day. I say splurge on the dress---cut back on other stuff. the dress will be in the pictures from now on.
              Angela & Chris

#27 romeets22

• 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hi - I was just looking through this thread at some dress ideas and came across yours....I know it's a little late....sorry...I'm not sure if you have it already. I'm not sure where you are in Ontario, but I went dress shopping in Petosky MI and I tried on this dress....they sell it for less than $500 - look up Pestosky Bridal and call them to see what they can do for you....this was one of my picks as well!

#28 Lashawn

• Banned
                • 156 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by nikicrosby
                  So I have been to several different bridal shops and finally think i have found the dress....but it is a bit over what I was hoping to spend. I have tried to find a replica online but they just look cheap and don't do the beading justice. Does any one have any Ideas where I could get this dress maybe a little less in SW Ontario?? Or even Online??

Reese - by Maggie Sottero

This may be a duplicate, I didn't read through all of them, but try Wedding Dresses, Bridal Dresses, Wedding Dress, Wedding Gowns from Bridal Online Store
                  Good luck

#29 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

I don't know if its too late - but you should check out this thread, because I think it is the same dress (and she is looking for a new one so she might be selling)

Good Luck!

#30 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

I agree with ashnick - you probably saved a ton of money on the destination wedding, and you only get married once (hopefully!) so treat yourself and splurge! That dress is seriously a show stopper :)
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users