Photo

Barcelo Palace or Paridisus Riviera Cancun? Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

I'm not sure if I will be able to make a site visit. My TA has suggested these two resort options for my wedding. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? I'm trying to read through the threads but it is all so overwhelming. I'm looking for basic feedback on:

- which has the nicer beach/water conditions?
    - which has better food?
    -Which has nicer rooms?
    -Which has nicer spots for a wedding?

I want my guests to feel as though they are really at a nice place. If you do not have thoughts on both resorts, please just post your thoughts on either one.

Thanks,

#2 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
    • 199 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

Hi SDbeachgirl,

I have not been to the Paradisus Riviera Cancun but there are a number of girls who have been married there and they have done really great reviews. We too were considering this resort but when I discovered that the wedding is only symbolic (can be legal but you pay an extra $1000 possibly more).

The Barcelo is a great hotel. We were there about 2 years ago and the pool is huge and beautiful. Our favourite pool for sure! The rooms at Barcelo are nice, clean and the food was great. We really enjoyed the buffet at Barcelo and often comment that we have yet to find another resort that does as good a buffet. The beach at Barcelo is really nice and clean. They have a very romantic set-up of light posts on the beach that are lit at night time. Could be a great setting if you are planning a beach reception. Oh, and the kids pool is really great too. Makes me wish I were a kid again.

Best of luck in your planning.
      Rachelle & Randal
      June 2010
      http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users