Sign in to follow this  
sn0048

Dollar Deals at Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Tara~* View Post
I found quite a bit of stuff from Michael's for my OOT bags! We got flip flops, beach balls, frisbees, 3pk coasters, playing cards, luggage tags, and koosies all for $1.50 each! We're getting personalized stickers made, and we're going to put them either on the top of the frisbees, or the cases for the playing cards.
Who are you going to use to make your stickershuh.gif

Natural - The woman I ordered our wedding invitations from is a retailer for Weddingstar (I think it's a Canadian company). In the Weddingstar catalogue, and they have a bunch of personalized stickers to choose from. The cost is $0.38 a sticker, with a minimum order of 36 stickers.

I went to Michaels today and my location has the playing cards, luggage tags, passport covers, book lights, etc. marked 40% off.

I bought the cards for .60/ea and the passport covers for 1.80/ea.

Hey

I saw the cards and was going to get them but I wasn't sure about them. Can you take that picture out and put in your own or are you keeping what came with them in? I never saw the candles though, BUT I did see other ones that were $1 and came in a tin. I think I am going to go back, but my problem is that I don't know how many people are coming?? I don't want to keep buying extras of everyhting as I don't want it lol and I don't want to pay extra all the time grrr. As for the luggage tags were they the ones that looked like leather?? I am on the look out for clear ones that I can put my own message in! I didn't see passport covershuh.gif

Heather- If you're talking about the playing cards with the little photos of the train, plane, etc on them, the photos are on the actual cards. The cards are in a clear case, so you can put whatever you want on the top or I suppose you could put something underneath.

So I decided I needed to go to Michaels. The thing is, the closes to me is a 2 hour drive each way. I said this was the day I would do it, get all my faux flowers from there for my centerpieces and BM bouquet. Well I didn't realize how $$ they actually are, and on top of it, they had an amazing deal of 50% off all stock. SO I started calculating how much it would come up to with the 50% off, I said I'll just do 4 centerpieces for now.. well that would have come up to $145 without tax (needed 5 stems per centerpiece) I mean that's crazy.. I can get real flower centerpiece for $15... does anyone of a suggestion where I might be able to go?

I just drove around the city to three different Michael's locations to round up those travel cards. I always loved them before, but kept holding off on buying them. It paid off as they are now on sale and I got them for $0.75 (CAD) each! I'm so excited! I'm going to be putting stickers with our theme on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
SO I started calculating how much it would come up to with the 50% off, I said I'll just do 4 centerpieces for now.. well that would have come up to $145 without tax (needed 5 stems per centerpiece) I mean that's crazy.. I can get real flower centerpiece for $15... does anyone of a suggestion where I might be able to go?
Have you contacted your wedding co-ordinator down there to see how much the fresh alternative will be from a florist they know/use? I know they usually hike up the prices at the resorts, but it may still be cheaper if your arrangement's not too complicated. Worth the try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride2010 View Post
I just drove around the city to three different Michael's locations to round up those travel cards. I always loved them before, but kept holding off on buying them. It paid off as they are now on sale and I got them for $0.75 (CAD) each! I'm so excited! I'm going to be putting stickers with our theme on the front.

Have you contacted your wedding co-ordinator down there to see how much the fresh alternative will be from a florist they know/use? I know they usually hike up the prices at the resorts, but it may still be cheaper if your arrangement's not too complicated. Worth the try...
Yeah, that was my whole point, in trying to make my own, the resort is charging $60 per centerpiece. So I will look around some dollar stores.. if nothing I think I will have to surrander and pay $60 a pop!! ;(
Thanks again for the advice, appreciate so much!