Sign in to follow this  
landwlkr

Photography Conundrum: She doesn't accept credit cards

merchant accounts are very expensive...alot of wedding photogs probably prefer not to use them for this reason.

most of the vendors i used either wanted certified check or money wired (or cash)

merchant accounts are very expensive...alot of wedding photogs probably prefer not to use them for this reason.

most of the vendors i used either wanted certified check or money wired (or cash)

Yup, I'd ask for the contract amendment and see what she says. I know with my photog, I changed a bit of the verbage and he was fine with it. He also only did wire transfer or check. I offered PayPal, and he gave me the schpeel about the fee (which I swear for the deposit was so damn minimal I really thought it was a bit ridiculous, but hey..business is business) but whatever. The contract is what I was most concerned about; getting everything in writing.

Many photographers don't' offer credit card service because it's very easy for clients to file a charge back(say if you cancel your wedding and want your deposit back) and it's very hard for us to prove anything,even if we have contracts.