Advice needed about starfish on chairs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi Ladies,
    I plan on attaching a medium sized sugar starfish to the chairs using blue ribbon for the ceremony. Should I tie one to every chair, OR only the aisles? Should I do this for the reception as well?

Here's a link to a pic:
    Beautiful Moon Palace Wedding! - Review of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico - TripAdvisor

#2 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Super cute idea Darcy!!!

IMHO, I think if you are doing a starfish on every chair for the ceremony; then I wouldn't do them for the chairs in the reception; it might be starfish overload... Alternatively, if you only do them on the aisle; maybe you can add them to the reception in centerpieces so you just have starfish accents with the blue ribbons everywhere...

#3 ashnic2005

• 274 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

My theme for the wedding in Cancun is starfish symbol. But I am using the starfish as decorations for the table only.
        Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!

#4 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
        • 436 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

so pretty, I love the idea!

#5 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Cute idea! Can you eat these sugar starfish? If so, then I would put one on every chair so that everyone gets one. If you can't eat them, I would just put them on the aisle. You probably won't see the ones on the other chairs! That's my thoughts anyway! :)

#6 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

They are actually real starfish I ordered online. I didn't realize they were real and I received them and they smell like the ocean. lol.

I think I will put them on the aisle chairs. Incorporate them somehow on the tables at the reception.

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#7 MissM

• 184 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

Love the idea of the starfish on the aisle chairs- I think on every chair would be starfish overload. Looks beautiful with the blue ribbon. Plus, having some as accents on the tables at the reception would look pretty too and just carry the theme over.

#8 mmontgo

• 191 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

I totally agree with MissM.

#9 uspoiledme

• 167 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

Either idea would be fine. You may also consider every other chair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users