Steel Drum Band ROR

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Has anybody had the steel drum band play anything other than Cannon in D while they walked down the isle? I am thinking of getting them for an hour (just because I think it will be easier than figuring out timing with CD's etc, plus it will be nice to have them entertain our guests for an hour after the ceremony!)
    I'm just wondering what kinds of things they play? is it island music?
    33 People Booked!!

#2 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Dr. Brainfreeze and Petals had them play at theirs. Try PMing them that should help.
      One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#3 jenjoe08

• 67 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

I am having a steel pan trio (not at ROR). They are playing Can't help falling in love for my bridal party processional and one love for our recessional.

#4 LadyD

• 108 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

You can play almost any song on the steelpan. If you have a favourite song, you should check with the band to see if they can play it.

Otherwise I'm sure it would be a mix of recognizable popular tunes mixed in with some reggae or "island" tunes and songs specifically composed for the steelplan.
          Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#5 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Here is a link to some video of our Steel Drum band before the wedding. I walked down to Cannon in D and we walked back up to One love. But they have a whole list that you can choose from. The music varies, but it sounds very islandy.

jamaica 257 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#6 kitty_kat_uk

• 170 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

I had the steel band at my wedding. They did the traditional wedding march as I walked down the aisle (my request) other than that I just said to play anything reggae/jamaican. Think they played a Phil collins one but to be honest its all a blur!!

#7 krista

• 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

When do they give you the list of songs? Does Chandlyn have that?

#8 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

I am having the steel drum band for our ceremony at RMB. I will prob walk down the isle to Cannon in D...other than that i don't really care what they play

#9 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by krista
                    When do they give you the list of songs? Does Chandlyn have that?
                    Chandlyn has it. I used to have it but deleted it...

#10 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Here are a few threads that have the list of songs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users