Photo

No Flower Girl Dilema/Question

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

So I was originally going to have a flower girl but it's my FSIL's stepdaugther and her mother won't let her go. So now I don't have a flower girl. I want to have rose petals down the aisle but I'm curious who will put the petals down since I don't have a flower girl? Would it be done before everyone walked down or would someone else throw them down before I walk down? What have you ladies done?

#2 KimmyG

KimmyG
    • 520 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

Ask the wedding coordinator at your resort if she'd lay them down before guests arrive. That seems reasonable!

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

yeah if they lay them before guests arrive - you can also have the guests enter the seats from the side so they don't step on the petals

#4 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
        • 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

Great ideas thanks. I was just thinking that I didn't really want everyone else walking all over them before I even walk down the isle. Just a litte bridezilla moment:)

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jess
            yeah if they lay them before guests arrive - you can also have the guests enter the seats from the side so they don't step on the petals
            This is what I plan on doing!

#6 mich999

mich999
            • 386 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jess
              I had a flower girl but still that's what I did too. Flower girl just had a mini bouquet.

#7 JOSIE

JOSIE
              • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

You could ask your MOH to do them for you, or your mom...if you don't want other people walking on them!

#8 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

You could def have someone lay them down before guest arrive, after you MH and BM walk down, or have them laid down by you WC.
                  4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#9 Amarillis

Amarillis
                  • 1,913 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

what if you set a bunch with the person sitting at the end chair on the aisle. you could then (possibly with a change in music -- indicating your arrival) have your guests toss them forward.

You could leave a note with said petals with instructions on those peoples chairs. just a thought, and it would be a cool way to involve your guests.

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Amarillis
                      what if you set a bunch with the person sitting at the end chair on the aisle. you could then (possibly with a change in music -- indicating your arrival) have your guests toss them forward.

You could leave a note with said petals with instructions on those peoples chairs. just a thought, and it would be a cool way to involve your guests.
                      Such a great idea Amarillis!!!! If I was involving flowers in more prominently in our wedding; I would do that. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users