Jump to content

Photo

Why I just LOVE shutterfly


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

    So I started to use shutterfly when kodakgallery decided to start to make you pay to keep your pics in storage... and I am soooooo glad this happened !

    The first amazing feature of shutterfly is that instead of sharing your pics through email, or through an album, you can just make a website out of your pics... and it's SO easy ! In 5 minutes, it's done, like, select to share on a site, change the three pics on display, add or delete pages, snap, done ! You have a number of designs to chose from, you can display in a slideshow, or thumbnails, or filmstrip, you have a guest book if you want to... you can even make your "wedsite" there !

    And what's more, every time you share, you get free prints !! Plus, you can also upload videos to your site. Perfect, perfect for sharing.

    Another awesome thing is thaqt if you want to share in facebook or myspace or twitter, just one click ! And you don't have to upload your pics to FB as well !

    And then, I discovered the photobooks. First, because I got one free just because I shared pics !! An 8x8 that I will use to make a TTD album. And then, I got another one from David's Bridal. So I started and wow ! Not only easy, but spectacular results !

    I'm not big on captions so there are not a lot, but check my project :

    Shutterfly | View share

    And as you can see, you can share your projects, too !

    And all this is FREE. Except when you order a goodie of course, but it is. FREE.

    Well, I am happy happy ! So happy I wanted to share !

    #2 EDSROSA

    EDSROSA
    • Member
    • 510 posts

      Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

      Shutterfly is great! You will also start receiving emails for free photobooks from them. And when u do take full advantage they are really nice and all u pay is the shipping charge

      #3 frazali

      frazali
      • Jr. Member
      • 245 posts

        Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

        we're doing our photo thank you notes on Shutterfly - they look great!

        #4 Erika J

        Erika J

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

          Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

          Oh yay, I did not see the FB option!! I am always doing both!!

          I am glad I have my share site set up there.

          #5 beachbride08

          beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

            Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ayita
            So I started to use shutterfly when kodakgallery decided to start to make you pay to keep your pics in storage... and I am soooooo glad this happened !

            The first amazing feature of shutterfly is that instead of sharing your pics through email, or through an album, you can just make a website out of your pics... and it's SO easy ! In 5 minutes, it's done, like, select to share on a site, change the three pics on display, add or delete pages, snap, done ! You have a number of designs to chose from, you can display in a slideshow, or thumbnails, or filmstrip, you have a guest book if you want to... you can even make your "wedsite" there !

            And what's more, every time you share, you get free prints !! Plus, you can also upload videos to your site. Perfect, perfect for sharing.

            Another awesome thing is thaqt if you want to share in facebook or myspace or twitter, just one click ! And you don't have to upload your pics to FB as well !

            And then, I discovered the photobooks. First, because I got one free just because I shared pics !! An 8x8 that I will use to make a TTD album. And then, I got another one from David's Bridal. So I started and wow ! Not only easy, but spectacular results !

            I'm not big on captions so there are not a lot, but check my project :

            Shutterfly | View share

            And as you can see, you can share your projects, too !

            And all this is FREE. Except when you order a goodie of course, but it is. FREE.

            Well, I am happy happy ! So happy I wanted to share !
            I love Shutterfly and have been ordering from them for years. I made photobooks for my family and bridal party for Christmas and ordered the 8x8 size. We got them at a discount, but since I had to order so many we chose the smaller size. I made one for us as well, but ordered the larger size. I was so disappointed when I received the books because the smaller ones were not hardcover. I didn't notice online when I was making them, but if I had known I would have ordered the larger size for all the books. The hardcover was so much nicer.
            Michelle

            #6 *Meagan*

            *Meagan*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,521 posts

              Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:36 AM

              I love love love their photobooks. Im actually using a photobook for our guest book!! I AM way excited about it!!! Ill post pics as soon as I receive it!

              #7 Ayita

              Ayita
              • Member
              • 861 posts

                Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride08
                I love Shutterfly and have been ordering from them for years. I made photobooks for my family and bridal party for Christmas and ordered the 8x8 size. We got them at a discount, but since I had to order so many we chose the smaller size. I made one for us as well, but ordered the larger size. I was so disappointed when I received the books because the smaller ones were not hardcover. I didn't notice online when I was making them, but if I had known I would have ordered the larger size for all the books. The hardcover was so much nicer.
                The hardcover is in option for the 8x8. You can definitely get a hard cover !

                #8 Amarillis

                Amarillis
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,913 posts

                  Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

                  I too LOVE LOVE LOVE Shutterfly...

                  In my siggy there is a link to the photobook I made of the wedding -- we ended up making one for ourselves, and one for our parents (my mom, MIL, and 2nd Mom) and our 4 members of our bridal party -- what we did with the first two pages for these ones was writing a thankyou note and putting a pic of the receipent that was from our collection of pro photography.

                  I also did DH's BD book from shutterfly...

                  with all projects, I am super impressed with the results... AND

                  for you Canadian Girls...

                  I NEVER PAID DUTY ON ANY OF MY PROJECTS!!!!

                  #9 Blkatz

                  Blkatz
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,025 posts

                    Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

                    LOVE SHUTTERFLY!
                    We used them to make our thank you cards and people who got them were excited and we got tons of compliments from them!
                    I just got a coupon for 50 free prints...here is the coupon code! FREEPRINTS

                    #10 Ayita

                    Ayita
                    • Member
                    • 861 posts

                      Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Amarillis
                      I too LOVE LOVE LOVE Shutterfly...

                      In my siggy there is a link to the photobook I made of the wedding -- we ended up making one for ourselves, and one for our parents (my mom, MIL, and 2nd Mom) and our 4 members of our bridal party -- what we did with the first two pages for these ones was writing a thankyou note and putting a pic of the receipent that was from our collection of pro photography.

                      I also did DH's BD book from shutterfly...

                      with all projects, I am super impressed with the results... AND

                      for you Canadian Girls...

                      I NEVER PAID DUTY ON ANY OF MY PROJECTS!!!!
                      This is exactly what I'm doing right now ! I'm making our own album, and I'm going to make one for our parents, one for DH's parents, one for my brother (with more pics of the kids ).

                      I can't wait to receive them !

                      OK I have to stop being excited about this and start working now




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users