Sign in to follow this  
Bermuda Bride to Be

Bermuda Vendors

Hi All Bermuda Brides :-)

I'm am almost one year away from my wedding and FI & I are going to Bermuda to start planning. I really want to setup a few appointments with vendors to get to know them so it's easier to make decisions. We have received a few recommendations from the hotel wedding planner but I would love to get a real wedding opinions.

Have you had any experience with Bermuda vendors? Wonderful? Horrible?

Florists? Videographers? Photographers? DJs?

I'll be going to Bermuda in early July... so if there is anything you need... let me know.

H*

I'm in the same boat H! We are getting married in June 2010 and will be going to Bermuda in October to meet w/ people and check out locations. I need to start scheduling appointments now. Looking forward to hearing responses.

Hi!

I am also a Bermuda bride getting married in May of next year. I have done a TON of research on hotels, venues, transportation, planners, bands, Catholic Churches, photographers etc... ask me anything!

I am going to be using Emily Boden of Event Solutions as my wedding planner and then Linda Mitchell of Bermuda travel is our travel agent for the wedding group. Emily is personable, friendly, comes highly recommended from Tuckers Point (our reception venue) and slightly less expensive than Bermuda Bride. Everyone recommends Bermuda Bride but I found them to be less friendly than Emily. (For example, Bermuda Bride would barely speak to me without putting down a $2000 deposit but Emily was more than helpful on our initial call, making recommendations for transportation etc...) and her deposit was much less.

One I would definitely NOT recommend is Weddings with Panache. They showed us around Elbow Beach (their offices are in the hotel) and we spent hours with them showing us a venue that we were about to book when we found out it was too small for our party!! When I questioned them on it, they claimed I misunderstood. Meanwhile my parents, fiance and I were all there and at no point did she tell us that we would not fit --I mean, why on earth would we even be looking at it , taking pictures and asking follow up questions if we didn't fit?

Hope this helps!!

Yes!!

I did a TON of research!

First and foremost, Tuckers Point is AMAZING. Especially the beach club.

Then I would recommend Elbow Beach (but do not use Weddings with Panache as your planner! Had major issues with them just getting an answer on how many people would fit in the venue.)

Other top options:

Fairmont Southampton 

Hamilton Southampton

Newstead Belmont Hills

Coral Beach (need to know a member)

Mid Ocean Club (need to know a member)

The Reefs

Cambridge Beachs (only hold weddings of 50 or less and no children allowed)

64 Degrees at Port Royal Golf Club

Hey quinny, Have you researched select sites group? I'm not doing the ceremony at any resort or do you think I should try going for a beach location on a resort? Which is more cost effective. I'm planning to have a group of about 50. I spoke with the Bridal Suite and they were personable as well but never really gave me any names of vendors. I did get preliminary costs on aspects of the wedding though

I am using the Bridal Suite as my wedding planner and they have been great so far (started working with them 6 months ago and my wedding is June 29,2012).  At this point we have booked everything including photographer,DJ, ceremony on Warwick long bay beach, reception on the marina terrace at elbow beach, and florist all with the help and recommendations from Carmen and Allister at the bridal suite. I booked our accommodations on my own because I had the time to research the island and find the right place with the right price.  My FI and I were planning on making a trip to Bermuda before the wedding but we decided to save that money and trust in the planners instead! The only thing left to do is book transportation from the ceremony to the reception since it is on a different beach.

I have done tons of researching so let me know if I can help any new Bermuda brides in any way!