• 2,115 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Congrats and

#12 capeach31

capeach31
    • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:37 AM

Elyse,
      Did you ever decide? We're planning for May or June 2010 and have it narrowed down to the Bahamas or the Cayman Islands. I've been researching a lot too and want to make a decision soon. The bad thing about research is that reading 1 bad thing can take over your thoughts (even though there are hundreds of good reviews). -Natasha

#13 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

Congrats and to the forum!! Chosing the place is honestly the hardest part, but this site will make that task a whole lot easier! Good luck and happy planning!
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#14 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
        • 2,458 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

Congratulations and welcome! I think choosing the loaction is the hardest part - it took me almost a year to finally pick somewhere, because I kept changing my mind, lol. I'd pick somewhere, and think "Oh, this is definitely it!" but 2 weeks later I'd change my mind and pick a different island/resort. Information overload!! lol

Anyway - there is a ton of information here, and many great resources. Hopefully you'll be able to choose your perfect location :)
          Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#15 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
          • 1,538 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything....

#16 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

Hi Elyse... to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#17 flbluiiis

flbluiiis
              • 184 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm trying to pick between Cozumel/Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, and Mazatlan. The biggest problem is I love each place for a different reason. I've started a spreadsheet of information on the different resorts I have looked at. I'm hoping that helps me narrow it down for me! Good luck, let me know if I can help :)

#18 SDSteph

SDSteph
                • 812 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Without it I would be lost. Happy Planning. You will find a great place!
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#19 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
                  • 153 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hi Elyse! I'm in the same boat...I had thought I'd narrowed it down but I'm going through the same as you! My FI told me yesterday that he wants a longer cruise so now I have to go back again and re-visit all the countless hours of deciding on where to go to....I'm also planning an April, 2010 wedding in the Caribbean - I have narrowed it down to Grand Cayman and Virgin Islands I believe...simply for the residency restrictions on the other locations.... maybe this will help you some? I'd love to compare notes with you if you're interested.
                    Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

#20 kt1011

kt1011
                    • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

Welcome and Good Luck. I am in the process of booking my wedding at RIU MB but I am secretly having doubts. I understand, totally how you must feel still deciding on a destination. I personally have never been to Jamaica, but my FI and I have decided to try someplace that neither of us have gone. That said, I secretly would prefer Mexico or Dominican Republic. Still not too late. Let me know how your search goes, or if you have questions. I have been doing a lot of research in the process, you never know...I might be able to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users