Taste of Chicago

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Hey Ladies,

FI and I plan to visit Chicago for The Taste of Chicago event! A lot of the hotels in the city are quite pricey. Can anyone recommend areas outside of Chicago that may be a bit cheaper? Thanks in advance for all recommendations!

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tdmitchell
      Hey Ladies,

FI and I plan to visit Chicago for The Taste of Chicago event! A lot of the hotels in the city are quite pricey. Can anyone recommend areas outside of Chicago that may be a bit cheaper? Thanks in advance for all recommendations!
      Check out Hyatt Place in Lombard. It is a suburb of Chicago, but you can take the train into the city from Downers Grove which is the next town over. There is also a new Westin in Lombard over there as well, but I imagine the rates are cheaper at Hyatt Place. When I lived in Chicago, our power was out for 3 days in the summer so we stayed there to be in the A/C! The rooms were very nice and you can get breakfast or coffee in the lobby. There are a ton of restaurants and Yorktown mall is right down the street. The Hyatt in Rosemont is another option, and there are a bunch of other hotels around the convention center. Rosemont is near O'Hare airport if you are flying into ORD, I'm sure those hotels have shuttles which would be convenient if you aren't renting a car. PM me if you need more help.
      Michelle

#3 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
      • 719 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Thank You Michelle, I'm going to check into those hotels now. No, we will Not be flying, we will be taking a road trip!

#4 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
        • 719 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Thank You Michelle, I'm going to check into those hotels now. No, we will Not be flying, we will be taking a road trip!

#5 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
          • 719 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

Any more suggestions would be appreciated!

#6 JOSIE

JOSIE
            • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

That is so fun! You'll love Chi!!!!!! I just stayed at the La Quinta Inn on franklin in Chicago. Its close to the taste (definitely walking distance) and we only paid $159 with tax, which came to around 175. Check out their website:
              La Quinta Inn and Suites / Reservations / Available Rooms

Good Luck!

#7 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
              • 719 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Josie, I don't have good experience with La Quinta...We are staying for a week to sight see so, $175 a night is a bit much! Thanks though I can't wait to get there!

#8 JOSIE

JOSIE
                • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

you are probably best getting a hotel in the suburbs then, right outside the city, and taking the L in. I'm pretty sure most hotels in the city are going to be around $200 a night!

#9 sn0048

sn0048
                  • 264 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

Try the Hotel Blake it's about 75-80 a night and it's a really nice hotel and they staff are super nice! The only thing is it's a little out of the way but the buses and trains are very close by and you can cab to almost everywhere and it's about a $10 cab ride :)

#10 alkoch

alkoch
                    • 515 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

I would definitely recommend staying in a suburb either the L (CTA) or the metra can bring you into Chicago. Maybe pick a suburb that has something you would want to do or see there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users