No Refund From Danielle Durie! *RESOLVED*

Jen_S

This makes me really sad to have to write this review but I feel obligated as reviews have really helped me make many of my wedding decisions, it was because of this site that I heard of BD photos and Danielle Durie and I do not want any to go through the disappointment that I have.

I began contact with Danielle Durie on July 21, 2008 when I saw she was doing a BDW Group BD session. The shoot was $600 and it included:

2 Session

Hair and Make up

CD of edited printable Photoshopped Images

$150 Credit towards prints or boudoir album

I had seen her work on here and felt comfortable using her based on what I had read. 3 months leading up to the shoot Danielle asked for a 50% deposit so I gladly sent her the $300 on September 3, 2008 and my shoot was scheduled for 2pm on Nov 29th (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) I was so excited my hubby was going to love it, we were not spending the night before our wedding so I thought it would perfect to give it to him after our welcome dinner.

All was good the week leading up to the shoot I emailed Danielle and we were still on. My girlfriend was going to come with me for the ride since the shoot was in Philly and I live 2 ½ hours away I checked my emails and found a email from Danielle on Thanksgiving night explaining that two of the other girls could not make the shoot and it was not in the budget to do me alone so she asked if I would be ok with rescheduling until January as that was when she was planning on doing another group session. I said sure as long as you promise to have my BD book to be by the 22nd of Feb (since we were leaving on the 24th for Mexico) she said no problem and that for not cancelling she would throw in the book for free I thought great gives me more time to workout and I will save money on the book and my hubby would absolutely love it!

Danielle emailed me on Jan 3rd to see how my scheduled looked for the month and would I be able to do a session on Jan 24th? I told her my bachelorette party and shower were on the 24th the 31st would work better but if that was cutting it too close I would do it the 25th at 9:30 am she said no problem she could do it on the 31st and that she had the perfect location for 40s pinup. I had previously explained that I wanted to do some 40-style pictures since my hubby wanted to get a tattoo of me on his ribs dressed in 40s style and since his 30th bday was coming I thought I would pay for the tattoo so I thought jackpot two gifts in one! Well on January 30th (the night before the shoot) I get a email from Danielle saying she is sorry but when she called to confirm the location for the next day they misunderstood the date and put her down for the following Sunday Feb 8th at 4pm, we had a function we had to be at on Feb 8th and it was so close to the wedding as we were leaving a little over a week later I told her I was unable to do that date and sadly the shoot was not going to happen I asked her to please send me my deposit and she said no problem.

Well here it is now the end of June and I still have not received my deposit. I have sent Danielle numerous emails and she kept saying she forgot and will get it right out to me. I still would not receive the money so I would wait a bit then send it to her again I then emailed her again and she said she was having financial problems and could she send me $150 that day via paypal (on May 28th) and another $150 the following week on June 5th I said sure no problem. So here we are now it is June 19th and still nothing. I was very disappointed I did not have a gift to give my hubby and I had bought all these cute outfits for the shoot that did not to happen but then not to get my deposit back is horrible. I donâ€t want anyone to get excited to give a gift and then to be disappointed and on top of it have to pay for it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEriously? That is just awful. Its just one excuse after another with her it seems. I really hope you get your money back and im really sorry you didnt get to do this for your hubby as you had planned sad.gif Thanks for sharing, I know us other brides will find this info very useful.