Photo

Anyone JA Brides have a Pre-Travel Template

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 drucky14

drucky14
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

We are trying to put one of these together too, and we were also wondering when to mail these out. Our two lines of thinking were either with the invitations we're sending out or with the save the date cards.

We were kind of leaning toward the save the date cards, that way for the people who are on the fence about whether or not to come, they'll see what they're going to miss out on if they don't come.

Any suggestions on this from anyone??

#12 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

I would just keep in mind that if you do a big booklet postage is going to be expensive, i dont know how many you would have to send out. I waited and gave mine just to the people that actually booked. but with my STDS i sent out a letter that had some resort facts and some stuff about the DR to get everyone interested.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#13 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
      • 516 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

We are going to mail out our pre travel brochures and luggage tags about a month prior to the wedding. I am still working on it, but it is definately a combination of all I have read here.

#14 drucky14

drucky14
        • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

We actually decided to send them with the save the date. That way everyone can see exactly what they need to do in order to book the trip. Plus, it gives them almost a year to save up if they need to.

The postage won't really be a problem since we're only sending 15-20 of them out.

#15 avb1983

avb1983
          • 82 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:56 AM

working on mine now! Can't wait to be able to view yours! Did you use your TA to gather info or did you organize it yourself?

#16 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
            • 211 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Ugh! I am working on mine now...we are 6 weeks out - - and asked my TA for help and she informed me that she cannot help me in the next week or so and that SHE will be mailing out info to my guests and luggage tags. WHAT?? When was she going to tell me? I already made over 40 luggage tags and was going to send them with the pre-travel info.I am so frustrated with my TA. So I am just going to send what I wanted to send & let her send what she says she is sending. I can only do what I can do...but it has been such a struggle with this TA. I WISH I had found this forum before I started this process with this TA.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread!! I guess I needed to vent...

Thanks for all the help ladies!! I learn so much for all of you everyday...

45 days to go... OMG!

#17 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ShelbyFL
                Ugh! I am working on mine now...we are 6 weeks out - - and asked my TA for help and she informed me that she cannot help me in the next week or so and that SHE will be mailing out info to my guests and luggage tags. WHAT?? When was she going to tell me? I already made over 40 luggage tags and was going to send them with the pre-travel info.I am so frustrated with my TA. So I am just going to send what I wanted to send & let her send what she says she is sending. I can only do what I can do...but it has been such a struggle with this TA. I WISH I had found this forum before I started this process with this TA.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread!! I guess I needed to vent...

Thanks for all the help ladies!! I learn so much for all of you everyday...

45 days to go... OMG!
                Shelby every trip that i've booked with a TA the TA has sent me travel info (nothing big just a small letter and than my travel itinerary) and a luggage tag. The luggage tag Im sure isnt as nice as the ones you made. It would usually just have whatever travel agency's name on one side and than the other side you write in your personal info. My guests still appreciated the luggage tags I made and they loved my travel booklet.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#18 kdnicholer21

kdnicholer21
                • Banned
                • 51 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Yes I can understand why you are upset. Most all of them do all of that for you but she still should have went over all that with you once you decided to book with her. Im sure you guests will appreciate it!

#19 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
                  • 455 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

I also need some help with this.

#20 kerrij

kerrij
                    • 300 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Awesome! i'm just giving the one that has this kind of info in it at the hotel with their welcome bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users