Please Vote: To register or not to register...that is the question!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ok Ladies,

So I know there have been many threads discussing this topic, but I would like to get a summary of how many brides have registered or not, and whether you wish had if you didn't.

I personally debated on this topic, and after ready many threads on this decided to do a small registry.

#2 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

We don't want to but everyone is telling us that we need to.. so we will eventually

#3 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

I hope you're talking about registering for gifts (sorry I'm a little slow today haha). Anyway, my DH and I decided against a gift registry as we felt our family's presence was gift enough for us...of course that didn't stop them from giving us cards filled with money anyway lol but they were not obligated or expected to give us anything and since DH and I had been living together for 5 years prior to the wedding, we already had everything we needed anyway.

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

My family was admit about us doing it, so we did.

#5 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Not planning to, unless MAYBE we do a small one after we return. That way, it's clear that we do not expect guests traveling to the wedding to give us a gift, and only if we do decide to have an AHR. Otherwise, for us it seems a bit much.

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#6 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

We didn't. We had 2 separate households to combine so we had plenty of stuff!

#7 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Yes, we did...this was a fun thing to do. I dragged FI to Crate and Barrel. It was a moment to see him squirm...haha, actually it was really cute to see what he liked and he kept me grounded. I didn't really expect to get anything, but I have, and at least I was able to pick stuff we like. I can't hurt. If people want to get you something they can..if not they won't.

My girls are throwing me a shower and we are having an AHR...so it made sense to do it for us.

#8 VioletVol

• 151 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Yes we definitely did. People are throwing me showers like its a traditional wedding & we are having a big AHR, so I am treating it like any other wedding. As always, I don't feel that people have to purchase things from it, but for those who look for guidance when gift giving, I think it is fine to have it for them to choose from. To me its just like if our wedding was at home.

#9 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

We didn't because we didn't need any more crap cluttering up the house. Various people gave us a hard time about not registering (among other things), but we didn't really care what everyone else wanted or said we should do. Register if you want, not because people are badgering you to do so. Your wedding, your final say.

#10 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Yes we did, because we had an AHR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users