Official Wedding Documenation

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 jackobelle

• 359 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Yay!!! Congrats, Amy! It must feel great now that it came - no worries in the back of your mind, etc.

#12 fudgie

• 353 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

YAY!!! Congrats! I am still waiting on mine, but it has only been a little over 2 months :)
      Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#13 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

We were really excited when it came in! it seemed like forever ago that we signed those documents...

#14 JTAlberta

• 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

That's wonderful news!! I am soooo excited for you!! :)
          Lovin Married Life!

#15 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thank you Thank you!

#16 sn0048

• 264 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

That is awesome congrats!

#17 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

For those ladies who received their marriage certificates: this may be a dumb question, but were they sent via registered mail? We are 6 days shy of the 4 months that our WC said it would take to receive ours, and are moving on Friday! We are currently renting and technically have our place till the end of the month (including our mail key) and were hoping to ask our landlords to have the new tenants keep an eye out for anything coming from Cuba, however, if one of us has to sign for it, and neither of us live there when it arrives, we may be screwed! I'm a bit stressed if you can't tell! Perhaps I could get in touch with the Canadian Consulate in Cuba and they would be able to let me know if our certificate has been processed yet Any advice?

#18 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Ours came from Jamaica registered mail. I think most sensitive docs will come registered mail.

#19 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Well my WC got back to me today. She said that they did receive our marriage certificate from the consulate and it will be sent to me via DHL next week. I even got a tracking number (that hasn't yet been updated on DHL's "tracking" portion of their webpage). It is being sent to our current address (we move tomorrow), but at least I have a tracking number that I can use as a reference to contact DHL and have it re-routed....
                    Whew! In some ways, I wish we would have made it legal before we left.

#20 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

Aww that's soooo exciting! I can't wait to receive that fabulous little letter in the mail (registered or otherwise)

Lucky girl, I'm glad it all worked out! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users