Jump to content

Photo

Military Brides/Wives - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#11 Jenamie

Jenamie
  • Jr. Member
  • 392 posts

    Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

    oh yes I love the webcam!!!

    You can not be in a military relationship with out one hehe

    Though the one thing I cant live with out are my mil wife/ SO friends its my other fave forum hehehe

    #12 foxytv

    foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

      Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jaime+Brandon
      How's everyone?! My DH just got a webcam so i got to actually see him the other day! I definitely recommend it!

      Jaime
      Jaime - I love the webcam! My DH wasn't allowed to use one during his last tour - but *hopefully* we will have a little one when he leaves again next year ... so I am praying he will be able to use a webcam then ... so baby and Daddy can see and talk to each other.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jenamie
      oh yes I love the webcam!!!

      You can not be in a military relationship with out one hehe

      Though the one thing I cant live with out are my mil wife/ SO friends its my other fave forum hehehe
      Jen - You will have to direct me to that military wives forum ... I don't know anything about it!

      #13 ~Melissa~

      ~Melissa~

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

      Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

      yes! Web cams rock when they're over seas or TDY. I don't know how we lived without one for so long. It def helps seeing them. My Bf's DH is about to go overseas back to Iraq next week and i forget how hard it is. I'm really going to try and sleep over there and help her out with her three little ones.

      #14 KimmyG

      KimmyG
      • Member
      • 520 posts

        Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

        When Drew and I met he was active service, Army SF. Two months into us dating he deployed to Iraq. It was terrible I feel so lucky that as the end of his contract approached he designed not to re-sign, instead he left the military and is now back in school.

        We're both students, broke as a joke, living in a tiny studio apartment, but I cannot say how appreciative I am to be able to see him every day. The time he was deployed was rough and it takes a STRONG woman to be able to keep everything together! Much support to all you super ladies. *hugs!

        #15 kpuckrin

        kpuckrin
        • Jr. Member
        • 258 posts

          Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

          I too am a big fan of the webcam! I've spent countless hours on that talking with my man. Thankfully we're together right now which is nice. We were quite worried for a while after we had selected our wedding date thought because for the longest time, my FI could not get his military leave pass approved for our wedding if you can believe that!

          In the end, it all worked out and we are lined-up to get married in Jan. (thankfully!)

          #16 foxytv

          foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

            Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

            Ah, boy oh boy how I hope DH can use the webcam on his next deployment. He has been gone since June (stateside, just in training) and we have only been able to talk on the phone about 5 min every day and sometimes texts.

            #17 sjmacphe

            sjmacphe
            • Jr. Member
            • 291 posts

              Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

              Hey ladies, just wanted to say hello and congrats to you all for being the strong, loving wives/mothers that you are. I am new to the military scene in a way (my mom was a Major/Dr when I was young) but my fiancee signed a contract with them as a doctor (he is still in school, he will owe them time when he's done). I am trying to live in the present and not worry too much about it, but it makes it hard knowing that he will eventually be deployed. It must feel so good when they come home after being away but I'm sure it must be hell when they're gone (the longest I have had to go was 2 months when my FI was in training). Congrats again and continue to share your stories!

              #18 foxytv

              foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

                Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sjmacphe
                Hey ladies, just wanted to say hello and congrats to you all for being the strong, loving wives/mothers that you are. I am new to the military scene in a way (my mom was a Major/Dr when I was young) but my fiancee signed a contract with them as a doctor (he is still in school, he will owe them time when he's done). I am trying to live in the present and not worry too much about it, but it makes it hard knowing that he will eventually be deployed. It must feel so good when they come home after being away but I'm sure it must be hell when they're gone (the longest I have had to go was 2 months when my FI was in training). Congrats again and continue to share your stories!
                Glad you found us!

                If you are not used to being alone, the deployments can be especially tough. I was so used to being on my own that when DH deployed, I handled it better than I thought. Just make sure you take part in the support groups that are offered and try to build a good support system of friends around you. You will have good days and bad days, for sure. Hopefully by the time he gets deployed, we will be closer to peace time.

                #19 Jenamie

                Jenamie
                • Jr. Member
                • 392 posts

                  Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by foxytv
                  Jen - You will have to direct me to that military wives forum ... I don't know anything about it!

                  Log in

                  These girls are my life line to all things miltary (and everyday life)

                  I would love for you to join us :)

                  #20 JaimeandBrandon

                  JaimeandBrandon
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 370 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

                    I miss him!! I just keep thinking that we're not even half way to R&R yet... not a good way to look at things!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users