Sign in to follow this  
NYCBridetoBe1909

No invitations????

I have to be honest, I wanted a destination wedding, in large part, to minimize the number of people who could and would attend. I have several reasons for this, ranging from my recent 30 pound weight gain to my overall clumsiness and decidedly non-bridelike personality.

My plan and hope is that the wedding is limited to 4 other couples. His parents, my parents, his best friend and wife and my best friend and her long term boyfriend.

That being said, is there anything wrong with not sending invitations and save the dates? These 8 people obviously already know when and where the wedding is, it just seems unnecessary. Am I missing something?

I think it is your wedding and you can do whatever you like. If you only want the four couples to invite they are nice to have so if you do decide to give them to your peeps, I am sure they would enjoy the sentiment. And you would only have to get four.

Are you planning to send annocements to all friends and family to let them know you tied the knot? That is an option to let everyone know when you were married.

Just my thoughts.

We're not sending invitations or save the dates either, since it's just our immediate family coming with us (8 people also). I honestly never really considered it.. and our family would probably be confused if we did since they already know the details!

I agree. I think sending announcements after the wedding to let your friends and family know that you're married seems like a good option.

As for sending the invites to the 4 couples, I think that is totally up to you. If they have all of the information that they need an invite seems like something that is completely optional.

Ms. NYCBridetobe:

First of all, your true friends and close family love you no matter what. I know about weight gain, since I too feel self conscious about it. But you know what? This is where we are right now. Stressing over it or not feeling good about is not doing you any good! Love yourself darlin' everything else will fall into place.

As for the invites, this is your wedding and your (and FI's day) you could or not do anything your heart desires. The one thing you must remember is, enjoy it 'cause it only happens once!

It's your wedding and if you dont want to send out anything then dont... and your right these pple already know that your getting married... so why spend the money and time if you dont want to...

It is definitely up to you - and not sending invites would work as long as everyone has all the details.

But, do you think that you may regret not having an invite to save as a keepsake to maybe put with your photos?

I'm just reiterating what everyone else has said already...but it is your wedding, and you guys can make it as personal as you want. Since you already know who's going then you can just tell them the details, since there are only 8 going besides the two of you.

Are you planning on having an AHR celebrating your marriage when you get back? If so, this would be a good time to send out invites to those who couldn't make the wedding. Since we are also missing out on the invites aspect for our wedding (it's just FI and I) we are going to step it up a notch and send out invites for our AHR. An option for you...

i sent out save the dates to immediate family. I am not doing invitations. These people already booked and paid for their trip. The other are choosing not to come, so why send an invite. I feel if I did that it looking like we are looking fir a gift. Which we are not. The gift that the others are given us is spending thousands of dollars to see us get married. Just my thoughts.