Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:21 PM
My resort did so many awesome things that it will be difficult to remember them all ! Let's try by chronological order :
- they were worried about the color of the drinks following the ceremony. They wanted them to be the color of my choice !
- every night, when they came to open the bed, they left some little pastries for us on the bed
- they let us use their 20 tikki torches for free and they set them along the pool and in the garden, not only the night of the wedding, but also the night of the welcome drinks
- they took pictures of the welcome drinks and the wedding and made a CD with 200 pics that they gave us as a wedding gift !!!!
- of course they decorated our room with swans and petals the night of the wedding and they gave us the pink centerpieces to decorate our room and our parents' rooms. they actually asked before what I wanted to do with them and I left them the lillies and orchids centerpieces
- when my parents said they wanted to change rooms since the second Master Suite was free (guests not coming because of swine flu), they told them it was on them and did not ask for the price complement
- I had about 6 rooms no-show and my contracts specified I was responsible for the no-shows. When I came in to pay for the remaining 50%, they said they would not ask me to pay for it.
- I had 10 guests no-show. They recomputed all the charges for dinner, brunch and open bar with the number of guests that were here, even though I had pre-paid for it and my contracts said I was responsible for no-show
- They allowed the guests that still wanted to come later (they had just cancelled because of swine flu) to rebook later with no additional charge, even though I had special discount for the wedding.
- Some waiters stayed up until 4 in the morning so that we had a bar running at all times !!!!!
What can I say. amazing.