Photo

House of Night series anyone?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

I wanted to ask...does the story continue from book to book like Twilight? or can you just pick up whatever book and start reading?

#12 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Book to book, you have to read them in order or they will make NO SENSE at all haha, that would be tough! :)

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Oh I have all of Kelley Armstrong's books.. except the teenage ones she's just written. I like her books as well! Plus I met her in person during a book signing a couple years ago.. so that was a coolness factor to me.. heh!

#14 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Chiquita
          Oh I have all of Kelley Armstrong's books.. except the teenage ones she's just written. I like her books as well! Plus I met her in person during a book signing a couple years ago.. so that was a coolness factor to me.. heh!
          hehe, that's awesome! :) So you haven't read the Summoning then I'm guessing? A friend of mine enjoyed it, so I probably will too. She also told me her adult fiction books were good too so I'll have to pick them up some time.

#15 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

No I haven't read The Summoning or The Awakening yet. I think she has a third one out of that series too or it's coming out soon. I will eventually pick those up to read but gotta get through some other stuff before that.

Her adult books are mainly about werewolves and witches.. but there are a couple of vampire characters thrown in as well.. and demons. I really enjoy them. She also has a separate series about a female hit-woman that's not related to her other 2 series.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
            hehe, that's awesome! :) So you haven't read the Summoning then I'm guessing? A friend of mine enjoyed it, so I probably will too. She also told me her adult fiction books were good too so I'll have to pick them up some time.

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Oh no! You girls are adding to my ever growing "to read" list. I didn't mean to rip so much on the HofN series. It's a really good light read. I do enjoy it! I'm starting school this week so I'm really thankful to have an easy quick read where I can put it down and pick it right back up awhile later and not forget what was going on!
              Happily married since 2008

#17 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

Rachel - I don't think you were ripping on it, just giving your honest opinion. Nothing wrog with that! :) It's a great light read, I usually can get half a book done in one sitting so I'm usually done a book in about a day. They're short too, which I like.

#18 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Just finished the 4th HoN book and I'm on #5...it's soooo good! haha love this series! :)

#19 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

I came across another series that deals with the fictional (or maybe not!!!) vampire/werewolf/witch/fairy type of thing. It's "The Mortal Instruments" trilogy by Cassandra Clare. City of Bones is the first, with both City of Ashes & City of Glass already released. The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare
                    I think I may pick this series up when I'm done with "My Sister's Keeper".

#20 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

ok, you've convinced me to add the HON books to my list.

I keep walking past them at Sam's and I figure why not for $5. I'll spend that much on library late fees!

I read the Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith when I was a "young adult" when they first came out in the early 90s. The CW has turned them into a new fall series. From the previews I've seen, the vampires get all Buffy-faced when they turn. I'm a TV whore, so I know I'll watch it, though! I might need to re-read them now that I am older and there are 2 more in the series.

Her Night World series is now in volumes so 3 books in one. I picked one up the other day thinking it was the first in the set but it was the last. I read the first 3 chapters and couldn't figure out what was going on! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users