Debate: Let it go! Don't Sweat the Small things! ??? You be the judge

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

I thought I would start a thread to post topics and we can ask each other this question, "Should I let this go, or does it require more energy?" I am sure we all get to the point and ask ourselves, "Does this really require this much stress?" Two weeks from the wedding and everything seems stressful I can't tell anymore. Maybe you are with me!?

My situation is I just finished my DIY programs last night. I posted them under DIY. I showed them to FI last night after I was all excited about them and he said, "Is "your" mispelled?" I freaked out! Iam a grammar nut! I can't believe I wrote Your, instead of You're. This is in a title of a song.

So do I let it go? Or do I reprint. Obviously there are worst things. So do I let it go and let people judge my poor grammar? Or re-print, re-roll, and re-tie. Fiance says to write it in! Haha

Any thoughts?

#2 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Bess - Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. You're two weeks out from the big day and I think the last thing you need to worry about is reprinting your programs. Most people probably won't even notice or care. Just my $0.02 though.

#3 hanna

• 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

I think because it is a program, and more of a nice touch to the ceremony, most guests won't even notice. They will be busy taking in the beautiful atmosphere and probably skimming the program. I say let it go and focus on the bigger things.. Esp since it is just in a song title, not like you spelled your mom's name wrong or something.

#4 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

I agree- nobody will notice & it's not worth stressing out over so close to the wedding.

My program barely followed the order of the actual ceremony and nobody even noticed that. lol

#5 JayBee

• 238 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

I don't think it's worth worrying about... But then again, if someone else had printed my programs and misspelled something, I would be ticked, LOL! I'm the same way about grammar and misspellings, so less printed material is better for my sanity! We did our own invites and FH kept wanting to change the type (font, setting, etc) and it was the only fight we've had the whole year we've been planning!!

#6 hunniebee724

• 340 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

I agree that most people won't even notice, but I would re-do them. I'm an English teacher and it would kill me knowing it wasn't right.

#7 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Let it go :) prob at least 75% wont notice . Also they are programs most of them will get thrown away unfort. :)

#8 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

I would definitely let that go!!! If people are noticing something stupid like that then they're there for the wrong reasons! lol. If there were a bunch of mistakes, then fine, reconsider, but honestly it's one little mistake :)
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#9 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

i last-minute-decided to do programs, like 2 days before the wedding. we spent 4 hours, money, and effort.

during the reception i found the box, over half full still, sitting on a counter by a sink. whoever was supposed to put one on each seat at the ceremony half-assed it and got distracted or something and it didnt get done/finished.

so thats also my "what wouldnt you do if you had to do it again" :)

basically im saying i wouldnt bother fixing it. if someone notices a missing 're, they have way too much time on their hands and should have called you 2 weeks before the wedding to proofread your programs hahaha

#10 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

dont sweat it. i think most of the programs i made were thrown out after the ceremony. most people just skim them anyway and wont notice "your" instead of "you're".
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users