Photo

Strapless gown question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beach2009

beach2009
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

You know the hanging straps inside a strapless dress... I don't want them showing in the pictures. Normally I cut them off but I need to keep them to hang the dress to dry after the TTD.
    Has anyone sewn them down into the side seams temporarily for the wedding day? I was thinking of doing this to keep them from slipping out, any better ideas?

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

I think sewing them is a good idea - just one stitch on each side would probably do it for the day....either that or maybe some tape?

#3 hanna

hanna
      • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

I agree.. I wore strapless and wish I would have done this as they would poke out sometimes. Definetly bring a needle and thread with you and just do a light stitch to keep them down, but wouldn't cut them out so you can still hang your dress later. Tape could work, but then with the humidity and sweating might not stick and could poke you. So - I think a couple stitches on the inside would work best.

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

I usually tuck those straps into and around my strapless bra and have no problems with them.. but i agree, stitching them in lightly would be a problem solver too!

#5 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
          • 417 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

Oh that's a great idea, I never thought of stitching them in. I bet that would work perfectly, because I agree, taping would probably just cause a mess with the humidity.

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

if you used boob tape, they wouldn't go anywhere! thats if you don't want to stitch them

#7 jennie

jennie
              • 200 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

I agree: stitching them or taping them. You could cut them if you wanted to and just lay the dress flat on the couch, etc... in the room if you wanted to. IDK I would probably sew them alittle for the ceremony to be safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users