All of you T&C brides out there!!!

SJnLove

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercedes so sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. Can you elaborate on perhaps the rest of your experience that was positive. Did the island meet your expectations? Did your venue deliver all that you hoped? Tropical Imaging is fantastic glad to hear your positive remarks about them.

Mercedes please elaborate on your experience! I am using Diane as my planner and this worries me very much!

What did she do wrong? What happened?

Where did you get married? Any and all descriptions of your entire wedding/trip will be very helpful to us planning our wedding there!! :)

Congrats on being married!

• 3 weeks later...

helllo, I hope this isnt rude but do you brides mind if i ask how much your package was? when i was doing pricing i can up with photos and ceremony and reception for 25 being about 7,000 and that didnt include our room. Is this right or did i caculate wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

im looking into a hotel that can do possible indoor ceremony or outdoor on concrete etc. something more formal as well as reception indoor or on deck or concrete looking into the regent palms then i go to tripadvisor and see horrible reviews its making me a little crazy! And they are no help and do not answer my simple questions on price quotes if a dj is allowed how long of a reception is in the package etc. Really making me want to switch to cayman but i already booked july to come down for inspection and im torn to change islands all the research and wht not ive done is the expense on this island worth it for anyone whos had it here?

I can't help you with package pricing, but I have seem many a DJ at a reception in Regent Palms.

As for Trip Advisor reviews, my experience over the years with Trip Advisor has been that people will post bad reviews, but the many many great experiences are never heard of. Seriously, how many times do you take the time to let someone know you've received great service and had a great time? Most people don't. Regent Palms is a well rated resort on the island, Check out the turks and caicos forums vs the reviews, you'll find some good stuff as well.

For locations, the Regent Palms has 2 locations that would suit an outdoor non-beach ceremony. They have a beautiful courtyard with fountain in the front of the resort and a nice deck area near the beach that has been used as well. I've seen weddings at both. Another resort with a nice non-beach location would be next door at the Sommerset, which has a pristine Croquet lawn that is very beautiful as well. The Regent Palms has a lovely indoor reception area (which is really nice in the summer as it has A/C. It is on a second floor so guests can go outside and look out on the balconies (they also set up bars outside as well).

Have you tried calling or are you emailing the coordinators at the resorts? I know with many people used to the US, they don't realize that a) we do have internet issues on island with a high frequency. If you actually haven't received a response, try emailing again or calling (use skype etc to save costs), they may actually have not received your request. b)these past 2 weeks are some of the busiest in the entire year, all of the resorts/restaurants etc are packed which may cause some delay (It's not an excuse as that kind of service drives me a bit crazy as well, but more of an explanation)

You can check our blog and do a quick search for regent palms to see wedding at the resort to get an idea. We've always found our brides to be quite happy with them.

I did a quick look and here is an entry with the photos of the courtyard, if you look at the building in the back the upstairs is the reception room (to give you an idea)

The Wedding of Sheri and Scott at The Regent Palms | Tropical Imaging blog

This is another option at the palms by the spa, on the croquet lawn

The wedding of Marcy & Mike Kotas at The Regent Palms | Tropical Imaging blog

Here is a more recent one with the interior of the ballroom

The Wedding of Andrea and Bob at The Regent Palms - part 2 | Brilliant by Tropical Imaging

Hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Krys

Mhartnett I know it may be frustrating not be able to reach the resort but I have to agree with Krys, try calling instead of e-mailing. I know calls can be pricey but try either using a phone card or skype. I am originally from the caribbean and my parents still live there so I am familiar that their service on things like internet are not always as reliable as here in the US. As for TripAdvisor don't believe everything that you read I've visited many resorts that have horrible reviews on there and they were quite nice. Good luck!