All of you T&C brides out there!!!

SJnLove

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Misti, I feel fine except I broke out in a rash yesterday, after getting home from trying on my dress. It was the weirdest thing ever. I didn't itch or feel itchy, I felt fine and then when I got home I took off my clothes (I was wearing jeans and a nice top) to change into something more casual for around the house and there were big red blotches everywhere. I tried going over all the stuff I ate but I hadn't eaten anything out of the ordinary. I took some benadryl last night and it seems to be going away. My FI woke up this morning laughing he thinks its my nerves. I know it is definitely not my nerves...I was married before. Just weird thats all. How are you doing with your planning? Did you ever go pick up the stuff at your apartment?

I hate to hear about you breaking out Janine. I wonder what could have caused it? Regardless, it's good that you were able to get rid of it. Everything is going well with my planning...I must say it's getting better and better by the day. YES, I finally picked up the items from the apartment office. Thanks again for shipping it!

No worries, I am just glad they are out of the wedding room. I beginning to be able to see the bed and the nightstand in there, it is slowly but surely coming back to life as a guest room. We have friends coming into town this weekend for our Engagement Shower/AHR so thank God we have another guest room we can put them in. I finished the programs yesterday and I am doing my thank you tags tonight. Its coming together slowly but surely. smile29.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies!  JanineA your wedding is in 2 weeks!  Wow! 

We have decided to fly our photographer down to the T&C with us and we're super excited. He rocks and will be tons of fun too.  We've tried 3 times now to take our engagement photos only to cancel due to our crazy weather here.  Last night was attempt #3 and our wind speeds were 25-30mph...not good for hair!  Ha!  So we'll try again next week.  I am anxious to get out our STDs for our AHR though.

We are leaning towards the Gansevoort.  Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with this resort?  It is gorgeous.  We also are considering the Veranda and the Sommerset.  At least all of these choices are great ones:)

I can't wait.....less than 6 months!

Hi greysgirl, yes I am super excited!! I have everything packed and I am ready to go. I have been shopping within these last few days for honeymoon attire and finalizing things for that. 

How did you get permission to take your photographer? Just wondering since even when we were considering Gansevoort we were told we couldn't bring our own photographer as vendors coming on the island need to have a work permit from the government to shoot or perform other such duties. Is Teresa handling your wedding? She handles all the weddings at Gansevoort? She got your photographer cleared with management at the resort? Just wondering if the rules have changed. Its actually a rule of thumb at all the hotels on the island but if the rule has changed that would be good info for future brides. 

Good luck with your engagement shoot and all your planning!

Originally Posted by greysgirl View Post

Hi ladies!  JanineA your wedding is in 2 weeks!  Wow! 

We have decided to fly our photographer down to the T&C with us and we're super excited. He rocks and will be tons of fun too.  We've tried 3 times now to take our engagement photos only to cancel due to our crazy weather here.  Last night was attempt #3 and our wind speeds were 25-30mph...not good for hair!  Ha!  So we'll try again next week.  I am anxious to get out our STDs for our AHR though.

We are leaning towards the Gansevoort.  Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with this resort?  It is gorgeous.  We also are considering the Veranda and the Sommerset.  At least all of these choices are great ones:)

I can't wait.....less than 6 months!

Hey Janine,

You are right that a photographer coming in does need a temporary work permit ($500 and immigration may or may not approve the permit).  Hotels are increasingly being watched by immigration and are enforcing the countries laws on illegal workers.  Many people do try to sneak in their own vendors though.  It's just the way things are, but we are hearing more and more hotels being watched by immigration and they in turn are making sure that people from off island must get the proper permits before working otherwise, they will penalized as well. 

Krys

Hi Krys I knew that they have been coming down alot recently and have actually been penalizing people which is why I thought I would caution greysgirl would hate to see anyone get fined. 

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging View Post

Hey Janine,

You are right that a photographer coming in does need a temporary work permit ($500 and immigration may or may not approve the permit).  Hotels are increasingly being watched by immigration and are enforcing the countries laws on illegal workers.  Many people do try to sneak in their own vendors though.  It's just the way things are, but we are hearing more and more hotels being watched by immigration and they in turn are making sure that people from off island must get the proper permits before working otherwise, they will penalized as well. 

Krys

For any of you upcoming T&C brides out there that haven't booked airfare yet, it seems to be way cheap right now so you may want to look into it!! When we first booked our resort airfare was over $900 pp at that time, and today it's at $488 (on American) for the same dates/times. I think I'm going to book today - so excited!!