Tungsten Wedding Band?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

the sales person is right - won't scratch at all - I think I'm getting my FI a tungsten band

#2 FutureMsMoulton

• 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

I got my fiance one of each... the tungsten is great because it really can't be scratched or dented. It CAN be taken off at the emergency room if they crack it around the ring.... some people don't know that. These are the ones I got my fiance!

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

I got mike a tungsten band. It was only $8.50 online. They are way overpriced at jewelry stores. It's an industrial metal so you can get it CHEAP. It's a really beautiful ring.

I did some reseach & found a picture some guy took of his rings in all 4 metals. His tungsten ring looked perfect and the rest were scratched up.

You can't get it sized, so i jsut bought mike two. At $8 each it didn't matter.

The place I bought mine from doesn't sell tungsten, but lots of online plces do. Overstock always has some. also, search the forum. we've talked about tungsten a lot.

#4 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

My dh has a tungsten band. He's a plumber and it hasn't been scratched or anything at work. And we love the look of it. I also bought in online for like 40 bucks. It was a great buy! Check out overstock.com

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#5 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

As said before i won't scratch or tarnish and can be found MUCH cheaper online. FI has a tungsten carbide and we found it at a jewelers for $550 and he wanted to think about it. I ordered it online for $80 which included engraving.

And as said before it can't be resized and the comfort fit runs small so definitely make sure you have him try on a comfort fit if you're going for that.

#6 annieanddaryl

• 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

wow what great deals!

#7 hermosahoops

• 199 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Overstock is great. They have a huge supply of tungsten rings!

#8 momx2

• 42 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

I just ordered and received my future hubby's ring online from Titanium Kay and I could not be more happier with the experience.  They have a huge selection and the prices are excellent.  The engraving job was superb!

#9 d&r2010

• 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Wow, great deals.  I love the look of them too.  Overstock has lots of great choices right now.

#10 jeanny

• 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

We're looking online right now at these.   So far it looks like http://www.larsonjewelers.com/ has the best deal.   They offer a free lifetime warranty and sizing with their rings.   We went to Kay's and a few other stores at the mall yesterday and they were just so expensize.  Larson Jewelers has their prices so much better than the malls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users