ROR April 2010

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hi, we will be getting married April 19th 2010 at the Riu Ocho Rios in Jamaica, and we are looking to hear from others that are planning a wedding around this time also. What are your plans for a photographer, music, decorations, and plans for a reception? Hope to hear from you soon!

#2 msmoodyr

• 329 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hey there!
      I will be there in March

Photographer ...... 99% positive I will be bringing one with us .. Misti Abner is my #1 choice

Reception .. we are booked for a pool reception ... depending on the final number we may have dinner at one of the restaurants with drinks around the pool .. unsure but I wanted to claim it first lol

Music .. Steel band is must .. but I have been youtubing the mento band ..and they are kinda neat also ... and of course DJ ..maybe IPOD I dunno ..

Decorations lol .. I have notebooks full of ideas

#3 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

Okay I have changed my mind too!!! I love the mento band! They seem to play with their heart that would be great for my wedding.
        One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#4 Mello78

• 77 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

We are booked for April 13th at 2pm with a beach ceremony...haven't decided where the reception will be yet or if we will even have one. We might all meet at the disco and dance our hearts out lol!

#5 desser

• 74 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

we are getting married on april 1st 2010 at 2pm...beach ceremony, and have e-mailed chandlyn this week to try and confirm meal at mammee bay, then beach or poolside reception for drinks and maybe DJ or bring our own we want steel drum band at ceremony, what is the difference to a mento band not heard of this??

#6 jamaicabride2010

• 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey! I'll be there the same week as you!!! We'll be there from April 17 - April 24th, with our wedding date being April 22, 2010. I think that I'm going with the Beach Reception. I just bought my dress yesterday! So exciting! Not too sure about any of the other details though! Where in Canada are you from? :o)

#7 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hey Jamaicabride2010.....

We are in Sarnia. We will be flying out of Toronto April 16th....The friday and getting Married on the Monday....I wanted a different day but convinced but no other times/dates we availble. So I convinced them to let me arrive Friday and get Married Monday.

We still are not sure what we are going to do about the reception. we are trying to get a feel for how many people we will have...the cost may determine which route we go.

Are you bringing a Photographer??

#8 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Mello 78.....looks like we might just miss each other...Where abouts in Canada are you??

#9 Mello78

• 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hi Nikicrosby,

I am from Sturgeon Falls (between North Bay and Sudbury) looks like we will be missing each other by 1 day lol! If I wouldn't of had to change my date of departure to the 8th instead of the 10th...we would of been able to meet.

Good Luck with your wedding plans :)

#10 jamaicabride2010

• 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

nikicrosby - I haven't even thought about bringing a photographer. I'm looking into some other photographers in Ocho Rios. Have you looked into bringing one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users