Photo

Location of your first dance/ Suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jennie

jennie
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hello ladies!
    We have chosen to go with the Classic package at RPTB and will have our dinner at the Steakhouse after our ceremony. The WC told me in an email that we couldn't have an IPOD dock inside the Steakhouse because we have a small amount of people (6) and there would be other people eating. I don't really think that people would mind if we played one song after the cake cutting. Who would? But, do you think we should try to "sneak" it anyways and chance not being able to?

Where are you or have you had your first dance? I have heard that RPTB isn't really a resort with night life and we don't have the money for renting a disco or a poolside reception after dinner...besides, it would be silly with 6 of us.

So, any suggestions anyone? I was possibly thinking that we could set up our IPOD Dock near the pool after dinner near one of the bars outside. I don't know. I'm kinda at a loss with this one and it is one of the very few things that is important to me. This and the pics. That's all, so please help if you can.

#2 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

Are you having music at the ceremony?

We had a steel drum band play at ours, and we ended up doing our first dance right in front of them after the ceremony had finished.

#3 jennie

jennie
      • 200 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

We are bringing our own ceremony music for the beach wedding. That's def. an idea: we could just have our first dance after the ceremony. The sun should be going down around that time. Thanks for the suggestion.

#4 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
        • 856 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

I think that sounds very nice and romantic!

#5 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

We only had 11 people for our reception at RPTB's steakhouse. We brought our Bose sounddock and just ran it on batteries. I didnt mention anything about the sound dock to Keneika. It never occurred to me. There were other guests in the restaurant and they didnt seem to mind - although I wasnt paying attention to them. I wouldnt worry about it. Just bring your dock and run it on batteries. We had our first dance right at the table. No biggie.

#6 montegobay09

montegobay09
            • 832 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I was as RMB but we chose to do our first dance shortly after the ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. Doing our first dance right on the beach was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding...unforgetable!! Our guests all had tears in their eyes.

#7 Mello78

Mello78
              • 77 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for these suggestions...I had been struggling with our first dance choice but I think having it on the beach is a wonderful idea!

#8 keilag

keilag
                • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

I am glad I found this. I hannt even thought of the dance yet

#9 jennie

jennie
                  • 200 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

Great ideas keep comming!
                    Sloan, I think that we will sneak our, as well. Unless you're insane, who's going to really object to songs played at a table for a wedding party? The other guests probably thought that yours was all planned out anyways.
                    I think we will probably have our dance after the sand ceremony when we are announced husband and wife....then just have the song played after our first kiss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users