Photo

I'm getting married in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 jesswins

jesswins
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

It seems my two choices would be Dreams and RIU from according to most of the brides here. By the way your pics were beautiful!

#12 jesswins

jesswins
    • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

I viewed a thread regarding average cost for guests and I can't seem to find it. Do you know where it is?

#13 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

also you want to consider that generally "slow season" in mexico is from may- september and you can often get lower rates at that time.
        we chose dreams because it is all inclusive and a little smaller than RIU. also at the time when i started plannig i could never get RIU to email me back so it made setting a date impossible- so i chose Dreams. Dreams is about 250 rooms and a little more quaint. it was exactly what i was looking for. it is about a 20 min car ride into town though- so if you are looking for something close to town RIU is much closer. PM me if you have specific questions about costs and stuff! i am happy to help you.
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jesswins
        Hi Tammy,
        I am leaning towards May. What should I do next?

choose a few sites...then if you want i can see what available dates they have...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 jesswins

jesswins
        • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

Hi Tammy,
          Well I wouldn't mind being closer to Cabo San Lucas so a hotel there would be nice. Would you mind checking RIU out for me? My FI likes the summer months but it doesn't seem that the weather is the best then. Why did you chose Dreams over RIU? Some brides have said that RIU is more of a party scene. Maybe that would be best for us? Either way could you check out RIU and Dreams please?
          Thanks,
          Jessica

#16 vgarcia1020

vgarcia1020
          • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

i'm in the same boat as you i just got engaged and just decided to marry in may. i don't know where to start either. we can definitly help each other

:)

#17 jesswins

jesswins
            • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Congratulations! It's exciting and overwhelming. I am so happy that I found this website. Everyone has been so nice and so generous with their advice. Are you getting married in Cabo? Have you been there before? Any ideas yet? I don't feel its real yet. I think once I set the date then that's when it will be official. I look forward to talking with you.
              Good luck,
              Jessica

#18 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

This site has every aspect of planning a wedding in mexico if that is what you are leaning towards.....I had no idea what I was doing at first and then you spend hours on here......literally.....and you soon find great ideas and vendors for everything.....just have fun looking around and everyone here is AMAZING when it comes to answering questions!!

#19 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
                • 74 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

I have lived here for seven years so I can tell you about July and other preferred months for weddings. First off it is HOT, 95+ per day. It is rare to get rain in July. It will get cloudy (big and beautiful) over the mountains to the west and rain there but rarely 'in town'. Preferred months for climate would be Nov thru April.

#20 cabobride2be

cabobride2be
                  • 104 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

How about June - what is the weather like then? I'm not very good in the heat so that is my biggest worry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users