Photo

wedge sandals/shoes success???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Okay, so I'm in the process of trying to figure out what type of shoes/sandals/etc. I should wear for my ceremony and reception. The reception I think I will just go with some type of heel (only if the resort will set up a temporary dance floor as I have seen pictures where they did this already). I like the barefoot sandal idea, but I am considering a wedge shoe for the ceremony. We are getting married on the beach and having a reception on the beach as well. Did anyone wear wedge sandals/shoes for their ceremony on the beach? How did it work out for you? Thanks!

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

I'm thinking of possibly doing a very slight wedge for mine. I figure it would be sturdier than heels KWIM? Hopefully a past bride jumps in here to help you out!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 SDSteph

SDSteph
      • 812 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

I have been looking at lost of des brides pictures and many seen to be wearing a cross between a wedge and sandal, most are white and seem to be more like a thong (not the underwear hehehe)
        Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#4 sugaredviolets

sugaredviolets
        • 59 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

yes, I would like to know how much a wedge will work in the sand myself. Former brides, please help!

#5 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

I purchased very cute flip flops with pretty sprakly embellishments and will prob be doing these for my bridesmaids as well.

I bought them off of etsy! (it is crazy how obsessed I am with this website and etsy!)
            GaudyLittleSecret on Etsy - Fun, Functional and Fabulously Gaudy Accessories
            Gaudylittlesecret is the sellers name!!

#6 Taghan

Taghan
            • 239 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by future_mrs2010
              I purchased very cute flip flops with pretty sprakly embellishments and will prob be doing these for my bridesmaids as well.

I bought them off of etsy! (it is crazy how obsessed I am with this website and etsy!)
              GaudyLittleSecret on Etsy - Fun, Functional and Fabulously Gaudy Accessories
              Gaudylittlesecret is the sellers name!!
              Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing the link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users